The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Pfister

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Just to wrap this up for now, here another possible solution to my conundrum: exporting to Adobe RGB. Below the same image as the one previously posted - no differences at all in its editing, simply exported to Adobe RGB instead of sRGB. If you can't see a difference (or if the Adobe RGB version looks pretty poor/flat), your display or browser can't render Adobe RGB effectively. This will be the case on e.g. an iPad. NB: the current versions of all major browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari) will handle embedded profiles properly on Mac OS - don't know about Windows or Linux. If you think the Adobe RGB version looks markedly better (i.e. if the sky has much less of a magenta cast and the colours generally are more saturated, the tones are richer and there is more detail in the shadows) than the sRGB version in my previous post, you have a display with a wider gamut than sRGB and your browser can render that - and you can probably appreciate what I was getting at...

Edit: below the original sRGB version just so it's easier to compare them side-by-side.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 7792

I’m not a macro shooter and it shows. I was fascinated by the insect and it seemed fascinated by me. Then it got bored and flew away.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member

A little bit of autumn colour. I could do with a little rain to make it pop I think (ironic request given where I live since if there's one thing we have, it's rain! :facesmack: )

Cedar Creek Grist Mill
A7r II, 24-240mm 4s f/11 ISO 100 - three image stitch

D

Deleted member 7792

A little bit of autumn colour. I could do with a little rain to make it pop I think (ironic request given where I live since if there's one thing we have, it's rain! :facesmack: )

Cedar Creek Grist Mill
A7r II, 24-240mm 4s f/11 ISO 100 - three image stitch
Graham, that's a mill I haven't seen before. I love grist mills and old barns and...

Excellent image. Thanks for sharing.

Joe

frozenbb

Taken earlier today in my backyard, a bit closer to home.

Not quite a painter, pt. 1

Not quite a painter, pt. 2.

They're a bit posterized, thanks to flickr compression...

dandrewk

San Francisco's Conservatory of Flowers in Golden Gate Park. Sony A7rII, FE16-35. Tone mapped:

... A great place to go with my new FE 90 Macro. I love the sharpness and versatility of this lens, and the lovely, creamy bokeh in provides. All shots hand held:

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Inky top mushroom at MFD

A850 + Min 20/2.8

Full height of the frame, only cropped left/right to make it square.

scho

A couple of backyard, through the kitchen window shots with the A7RII + Tamron 150-600.

jaree

I posted some in the A7Rii / long lens sticky thread.

After seeing how sensitive 42MP + lenses like Leica 180 APO are to slight turning of the focus ring (I would say about 2-3 degrees) and it is easy to see things go in/out of focus at full mag in LV my conclusion is that all that debate about how superior OVFs are is settled for me. Simply not possible to achieve this level of accuracy with OVF no matter how good your eyes are. Even with AF I doubt if it can match manual fine tune in scenes like these.

#1 is with A7 + 70-400 G II (very happy with the way this combo handled the dark and light areas)

2,3,4 with A7Rii + Leica R 180MM APO Elmarit.

Kanc Hwy A7 70-400-2.jpg

Square Ledge Pinkham Notch A7Rii-3.jpg

Square Ledge Pinkham Notch A7Rii-5.jpg

Bretton Woods Omni A7Rii.jpg

Last edited:

camping

Jaree
Your photo of building with red roof is excellent.
That was the scene of the Breton Woods agreement, in 1946, when the US guaranteed that the US dollar was backed by gold at $35/ounce. When de Gaulle came to get his gold - Nixon nixed the guarantee in 1971.
Paul

Jim DE

Think something like "the War Debt" that France owed for WWII came up in conversation first before they tried to empty our gold reserve if my memory serves me ........ That is when we went off the gold standard so International banks would stop converting our currency and demanding gold for France.

Status
Not open for further replies.