The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurtch

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

A7RII 16~35mm at 35mm. ISO 400, 1/30 sec, f9, hand held. Love IBIS!
Thanks for looking
Dave in NJD691 framed.jpg

Pradeep

I Like the mood of that picture, very nice, well done.

As for shooting from that vantage point, funny that you see it that way : I'd prefer to have a driver and take the picture myself.. I'm driving alone in my car usually and I can't count the number of times where I have wished to be in the passenger seat to take pictures. So many missed opportunities.
Thanks.

Yes, I wish my wife would drive but most of the time I end up being the driver. That view is only possible from the Queensbound side of the bridge from the right-most lane and that too only between certain spans of the bridge. At sunset it is a particularly compelling sight and so many times I have wished I had a camera that was capable enough. Now it seems I do and maybe with IBIS etc it would be possible even in low light to get a decent shot.

Michiel Schierbeek

Sunset in Ault.

Took the same scene with the Pentax Z. (MF images thread) If you open Getdpi in two windows you can compare them. :cool:

Barry Haines

Michiel....Good idea^^^Nice one :thumbup:
Both images look excellent...I think I like them both equally
Cheers Barry

Wortha Farm on the edge of Dartmoor....Selenium Toned

frozenbb

Gentlemen, another great start to this page! Thanks for sharing.

Michiel: I like both versions but I think I slightly prefer the one taken with the Pentax: it has such lovely pink/magenta tones! Nicely done.

Barry: another superb shot and rendering. At first I thought it was an aerial capture - it's not, is it? The clouds, the shadowed hills, the tree lines, the animals - it's a splendid composition.

Last edited:

Barry Haines

Michiel: I like both versions but I think I slightly prefer the one taken with the Pentax: it has such lovely pink/magenta tones! Nicely done.

Barry: another superb shot and rendering. At first I thought it was an aerial capture - it's not, is it? The clouds, the shadowed hills, the tree lines, the animals - it's a splendid composition.
Thank you Tom :)
You are right...I took it from the ground (I climbed up a Tor).

I agree with you Tom about the nicer colours from Michiels Pentax image (Presumably taken slightly later in the evening when the colours naturally become more intense)...I just preferred the composition of the Sony A7R shot a little bit more...They are both excellent at the end of the day :)
Thanks again Tom
Cheers Barry

At the very top of this particular Tor (Brentor within Dartmoors National Park) sits a little 13th Century Church called St Michael de Rupe.

Given the BLENCOMO treatment

Last edited:

Pradeep

I agree with Tom, the MF image is more saturated and slightly wider, including the rocks on the left adds a bit more to it I feel.

Yes, the Wortha Farm is superb.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member

My impression is that the Sony colors match the similar FoV crop of the Pentax. I prefer the *colors* of the wider shot, but those are out of the frame on the narrower one.

Both are wonderful!

--Matt

Jim DE

I just hope he had camera bearers for all that gear he had to haul out to that location to do that comparison. ;) ;)

I too like the appearance of the Pentax better but the differences as viewed on the net are both excellent and either would be keepers.

SamSS

Eye-AF works amazingly on the latest iteration.

Wide open with FE 55mm

with FE 90mm @ f11

AlanS

Back to Scotland, A7, c/y Distagon 35mm f1.4
Loch Broom

scho

Some brilliant ivy growing on a roadside retaining wall. A7RII with Contax G 35mm f/2 Planar mounted in TechArt AF adapter.

D

Deleted member 7792

Continuing the theme of fall leaf color started on the previous page. a7RII with Batis 85mm. EXIF in border.

Joe

D

Deleted member 7792

One more for good measure. Same camera and lens as before. EXIF in border.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.