The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Playing with Pictorialism again – first in sepia and then in pastel tones that might suggest a fading Autochrome?

BTW, I had a chance to view 20 or so Pictorial prints today at the de Young Museum's Jewel City exhibit, drawn from the art shown at the 1915 SF World's Fair (the Pan Pacific International Exhibition). I didn't realize how dark they all were. And how hard it must have been to print them Just Right. It was surprising to see early Weston and Cunningham working in this tradition along with Annie Brigman and the other usual Pictorial suspects. Stieglitz and some others weren't represented, though – they boycotted the exhibition because photography was classified as an 'industrial art.'

Kirk

View attachment 115523

View attachment 115524

A7rII, Zeiss C/Y f1.4 Planar (stitched)

PS, I would like the foregrounds and backgrounds to be even more out of focus – but would I have to buy a Noctilux for this? :grin:

pegelli

PS, I would like the foregrounds and backgrounds to be even more out of focus – but would I have to buy a Noctilux for this? :grin:
Or you could use a 135/1.8 or 135/2 and take the same pictures with a lot more frames. I think that will decrease dof vs. less frames with a 50/1.4.
Great effort though, I like the monochrome best, but that's just personal taste I think.

Looking on the Internet I found a lens from China for Sony called the Mitakon - 50mm f0.95. This would offer shallower DOF, but there's little said about it here on DPI Sony threads. Folks here must have very high technical standards - no threads for Holga, either. :thumbdown:

Kirk

V

Vivek

Looking on the Internet I found a lens from China for Sony called the Mitakon - 50mm f0.95. This would offer shallower DOF, but there's little said about it here on DPI Sony threads. Folks here must have higher technical standards - no threads for Holga either. :thumbdown:

Kirk
No idea where you have been hiding, Kirk? :confused:

Mitakon 50/0.95 and Holga- scroll down in this forum to find threads from Jack on those two. ;)

Yeah, but Search can't find 'em – says look at all 149 pages :banghead:

Might like to try 35 Nokton 1.2 too....

K

doug

Anna's Hummingbird - adult male, female, immature male

all: Sony a7II, Leica 280mm f/4 APO-Telyt-R

Thanks, all! You've been very helpful and I'm now saturated with favorable information!

I was surprised, as were the original posters, that DOF no longer seems shallow after 5 meters.

Will look right away for a used one....

Kirk

k-hawinkler

Thanks, all! You've been very helpful and I'm now saturated with favorable information!

I was surprised, as were the original posters, that DOF no longer seems shallow after 5 meters.

Kirk

Good luck Kirk. I actually like my copy. I have the second version and my copy seems very well built. It's certainly heavier and larger than the Leica Summilux ASPH.
The hood is a little bit fiddly to get on. But once it's on tight, it requires a lot of force to take it off. I have done it, but prefer to keep the hood on permanently.

Annna T

There is a jasmin growing at a crossing nearby. The first sprouts showed up in November. At Christmas it was in full blooms. And those blooms are still there in spite of a first snow. If things go on like this, we are going to have two blooming seasons even in the Alps, so I had to take at least one picture of this before freezing times.

20160106_184-Modifiera7r2i - click for enlarging by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

k-hawinkler

LAFD testing their Gear. Fun for the kids in us! :grin:

And the video

[video]https://videos.smugmug.com/KHW/Pics-by-Date/2015-08-27-A7RII50095-Mitakon/i-j27ZVC4/0/SMIL/j27ZVC4.smil/master.m3u8[/video]

A7r2 + Mitakon 50/0.95

Barry Haines

Kirk
Kirk, a bit late seeing your post, I have been out all day...But I will just add that Amin (A member here) did an excellent comparison with download samples of the 50mm F/0.95 Mitakon and the 50mm F/0.95 Noctilux
https://www.talkemount.com/threads/...-speedmaster-ii-dark-knight-50mm-f-0-95.9773/

Exactly two years ago 6th Jan 2014 once stood the historic “Monkey House” or more affectionately known by the locals as the “Monkey Hut” standing right at the end of Portreath Pier.
Then the “Winter Storm Hercules” hit!.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2SZVBmjHq0 and it was sadly no more :( :cry:
At the cost of a £250,000 it was finally rebuilt together with the pier :)
These were taken earlier today in miserable weather but more favourable conditions (Selenium Toned).

For those interested - Porthleven just a few miles south on the adjacent coast received the full force of “Hercules”
Even the hardiest of Cornish surfers took that day off! :watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K44UXNN6l1E

Status
Not open for further replies.