The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Very nice shot, Barry, in all three versions. But what is Blencomo? A place in Wales – or a method of post-processing??

Kirk

Barry Haines

Very nice shot, Barry, in all three versions. But what is Blencomo? A place in Wales – or a method of post-processing??

Kirk
Many thanks Kirk, "BLENCOMO" is just an abreviation I coined for BLENded COlour with MOnotone technique.
In a nutshell, I wanted more control of tonal seperation of colours, when it dawned on me why not just blend on one layer or more a seperate copy image made in BW (or toned BW or IR)...Typically In a program like SILVER EFEX PRO 2 or ALIEN SKIN EXPOSURE.
Then fade the top BW image layers opacity (burning/dodging or erasing different parts of those layer/s to taste). It can be a bit like playing 3D chess at times ;)
Now flatten off the muted colour image then resaturate the image back again with vibrance/saturation to taste.
I wrote a little about it earlier within this thread http://www.getdpi.com/forum/sony/50257-fun-sony-a7-series-cameras-all-them-146.html#post674453
Cheers Barry

scho

End of the line for rainbow trout that run up Cayuga Lake's tributary streams this time of year to spawn. Most of the streams have impassible falls a few miles upstream from the lake. This is a road ford across Enfield Creek about 3 miles from the lake and less than a mile from the deep gorge upstream with even higher falls. A7r + Contax N 24-85 with Fringer AF adapter.

AlanS

One that escaped from last autumn (fall), A7, c/y 35mm f1.4
Hamsterley Forest

dmward

I'm in Houston at the moment.
Went to the Houston Museum of Art.
The featured exhibit is Sculpture in Steel.
It features cars and a couple of motorcycles from the Art Deco Period.

Lots of outstanding examples. Here is one. I shot a large number of images so I can create a gallery on my CarART website and possible do some other interesting things.

DSC09134.jpg

dmward

Later in the day we walked around downtown Houston.
Sun was out, clouds in the sky and some nice reflections in the buildings.

Also taken with A7R2 and FE 16-35 F4

DSC09611.jpg

uhoh7

It was raining pretty good:

Cross by unoh7, on Flickr

I learned you can't have your hotshoe exposed in the rain with A7, but camera recovered :)

Here she is looking alot like the M9 with 50 cron:

Getting Ready by unoh7, A7.mod

tbhv55

A few more from yesterday’s walkabout
Great shots, as usual, Barry. I did chuckle to myself at the gabion wall shot. I recall you saying on here that you are/were in civil engineering, and having been in the same line myself (now retired, and glad to be out of it!), I sometimes suffer from the same 'affliction'.

I once showed a broadly similar shot to my resident art critic (i.e. the other half), attempting to present it as 'Art'. I'll go no further than to say that she had a somewhat different view, and I was left to lick some painful 'artistic wounds'...! ;) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.