The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

frozenbb

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

As my better half would quickly tell you, I've never been the most felicitous sort!

Nice catch, Barry. The Cornish (I'm assuming) scenery visible through the windows sets the whole thing up quite nicely!

Barry Haines

As my better half would quickly tell you, I've never been the most felicitous sort!

Nice catch, Barry. The Cornish (I'm assuming) scenery visible through the windows sets the whole thing up quite nicely!
Tom, many thanks...Devon actually (Dartmouth) a lovely place to visit if you ever come out this way :)

Looking from Dartmouth over the River Dart towards Kingswear

Last edited:
V

Vivek

Barry, what is that drink (as suggested by the arrows in its name) supposed to do? :rolleyes:

Barry Haines

Barry, what is that drink (as suggested by the arrows in its name) supposed to do? :rolleyes:
Vivek, I honestly don't know!...It probably gives you an instant 6 pack and makes you invincible :grin:
What I did notice was the bullet hole though his chest :shocked: ...So it obviously doesn't make you popular :eek:

Annna T

From the series "Hydroelectric power plants". This is the coupling station of Chamoson, linked to the power plants of Nendaz and Bieudron. It lies on the other side of the stream and is linked through a bridge. The light was what it is.. We are now having rains and clouds since about one month..

A7rm2 and 90mm F2.8 macro. This is a stitch of several shots.

Coupling station of Chamoson - 20160612_328-Pano-Modifiera7r2i by hhh rrr, sur Flickr

Annna T

It was a shock to see that : this coupling station and its power plant are linked to the highest gravity dam ever built in the world (and the 5th biggest of all). It was a pride for the region. But the hydroelectric power producers are all in crisis. They are loosing money when they sell the power : they are suffering from the competition of small renewable and decentralized power producers (solar, wind etc..) which are strongly subsidized by the EU. And now Alpiq the society owning these installations is trying to sell its shares and there aren't so many interested, save for the Chinese. Their other plant of Chandoline (the one with which I started the series and my favorite one) has been stopped in 2013 due to over capacity. I was shocked to see the dilapidated state of some buildings, like this one.

Coupling station of Chamoson.
A7rm2 and Loxia 21mm F2.8

Coupling station of Chamoson - 20160612_161a7r2i by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

Last edited:

Annna T

The place unlike others is very quiet. And some view can be quite poetic. For instance I liked those curving wires.

I took a lot of pictures, way to many and the editing is painful. I will show others in the coming days. But more pictures can already be seen in an album of my Flickr account :
https://www.flickr.com/gp/rrr_hhh/8s6w6E

(NB : the Flickr website is secure... the problem lies with GetDPI, so it is safe to ignore the warning you may get).

Wires of the coupling station of Chamoson.

A7rm2 and 55mm F1.8

Coupling station of Chamoson - 20160612_276a7r2i by hhh rrr, sur Flickr

MikalWGrass

Re: Fun With Sony _____

How can I see all of the postings and all of the photos that I have posted on this site? I searched for my name and saw a series of postings and photos, but it wasn't all of them. Someone wants to see pics of her son who was the goalie in several of the shots, but I cannot seem to access all of the photos. I would go to the Flickr page where they are hosted but the system wiped out one account that the photos were contained in, I think. At the very least I am having issues accessing the site where the photos are hosted, so I can at least show her the photos on this site.

Thank you.

Mikal

Annna T

How high are those peaks in the background ?
Still have quite a bit of snow.
The highest peak standing in the background and hidden by the clouds is the Grand Muveran and reaches something like 3050 meters high. The others are around 2700 meters (Pointe de Chemo and dent de Chamossaire) and the lowest one in the foreground, without snow is l'Ardève and it reaches only 1476 meters. The altitude at the level of the power plants and coupling station is about 450 meters.

As for the feet, I'll let you take care of the conversion.

The wheather of May June has been awful, with a lot of rain and cold temperatures. That means some fresh snow up in the mountains and the winter snow has not yet completely melt. But in July/August the snow will be gone on these lower mountains. In the summer eternal snows and glaciers aren't seen when you are at the bottom of the valley because the lower mountains are blocking the view toward the higher mountains (more than 4000 meters).

seb

The wheather of May June has been REALLY awful, with a lot of rain and cold temperatures.
But since two days it's getting better here in Zurich, I hope Annna can say the same for Sion. We are a small country, but with very different weather at the same time.

After the whole day processing pictures, I have to show one of my own I shot yesterday. :)
(A7RII + 85GM)

Üetliberg at sunset
(The shot is in full res on flickr, if someone want to have a look into the city) :D

The Ute

The highest peak standing in the background and hidden by the clouds is the Grand Muveran and reaches something like 3050 meters high. The others are around 2700 meters (Pointe de Chemo and dent de Chamossaire) and the lowest one in the foreground, without snow is l'Ardève and it reaches only 1476 meters. The altitude at the level of the power plants and coupling station is about 450 meters.

As for the feet, I'll let you take care of the conversion.

The wheather of May June has been awful, with a lot of rain and cold temperatures. That means some fresh snow up in the mountains and the winter snow has not yet completely melt. But in July/August the snow will be gone on these lower mountains. In the summer eternal snows and glaciers aren't seen when you are at the bottom of the valley because the lower mountains are blocking the view toward the higher mountains (more than 4000 meters).
That does seem rather a low altitude to have snow this time of year.
But you explained by citing the cooler weather.
I thought perhaps they were 12,000 feet or higher.
And I will let you do that conversion. :)

Annna T

That does seem rather a low altitude to have snow this time of year.
But you explained by citing the cooler weather.
I thought perhaps they were 12,000 feet or higher.
And I will let you do that conversion. :)
You have to take in account the fact that our winters are milder than yours and our summers cooler due to the gulfstream, a current blowing from the west and producing a more temperate climate in Europe than in the US.

It isn't unusual to see snow at these elevations (higher than 2700) in mid June.

Slingers

Re: Fun With Sony _____

How can I see all of the postings and all of the photos that I have posted on this site? I searched for my name and saw a series of postings and photos, but it wasn't all of them. Someone wants to see pics of her son who was the goalie in several of the shots, but I cannot seem to access all of the photos. I would go to the Flickr page where they are hosted but the system wiped out one account that the photos were contained in, I think. At the very least I am having issues accessing the site where the photos are hosted, so I can at least show her the photos on this site.

Thank you.

Mikal
When I hover over your name this link appears to view all your posts http://www.getdpi.com/forum/search.php

Status
Not open for further replies.