The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annna T

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Seb,

What a great place and you choose good angles of view; the whole makes a nice series. I have already been around this building, but never entered it.

seb

Thanks Vivek. It was late yesterday, when I came home and I see now what you mean. Unfortunately I wasn't able to pay attention to angles and had to make most shots not-leveled because of opportunities (the guide was a drill master in her previous live :D ). But a few minutes more in post processing wouldn't be the worst either. :) Especially on no2 and no5... I'll give them a second look and update it on flickr when it is done.

Thanks Barry and Annna. You can visit the whole brewery. It was the annual excursion of our company and there was no time to choose much or use a tripod. I'm happy with what I got, but next time, there should be more time and also a few shots from the distance to see the whole building in one.

Edit: Thanks Vivek, did updated the two.

Last edited:

frozenbb

I was having fun with long lenses on the solstice, though clouds prevented my capture of the full moon rising behind this scene. I'll just have to be patient and attempt it again in the 22nd century. :watch:

Ghost ferry #3.

Annna T

Most of the power plant of Nendaz isn't visible; it is underground, dug inside of the mountain. You can only see three big gates and a smaller window a little higher in the rock wall above the passover. The pass over has nothing to do with the plant; it is for a natural gas pipeline (the gas comes from Italy through the Alps and is distributed further in Western Switzerland).

A7rm2 and Zeiss Loxia FE 21 mm F2.8

Grande Dixence, power plant of Nendaz - 20160612_261a7r2i by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

Last edited:
V

Vivek

This lens seems to suffer quite a bit of pincushion distortion.
Correcting for it, as in the following image, sacrifices a lot of image area. :banghead:
Hi K-H, This could be a manifestation of astigmatism (if that is case, Kolari mod would lessen it!) and not pincushion distortion. Drop a line to Dr. Brian Caldwell who can pin point it.

k-hawinkler

Hi K-H, This could be a manifestation of astigmatism (if that is case, Kolari mod would lessen it!) and not pincushion distortion. Drop a line to Dr. Brian Caldwell who can pin point it.
Thanks Vivek, I did. He doesn't think astigmatism is the culprit.
Do any tests come to mind to explore this issue further? TIA.

V

Vivek

Thanks Vivek, I did. He doesn't think astigmatism is the culprit.
Do any tests come to mind to explore this issue further? TIA.
Thanks, K-H! :)

I am glad that you did and post the answer you got.

The issue you raised with your examples is very intriguing (if you have access to the Kolari mod cam, please do try).

The search for an answer continues.

Barry Haines

Congrats Barry
Thanks Ute, I know that you meant that with good intentions :) ...I think congrats may all depend on ones outlook :) :( ;)
Unfortunately we now have a country pretty divided :cussing: & :clap: which is definitely not such a good thing :cry:
We shall have to wait and see what happens next.

Backlit red poppy...A7RII + 90mm Macro FE @ F/2.8 handheld

Status
Not open for further replies.