The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

frozenbb

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Solo on the Salish.

Apologies for the dearth of posts as of late - real life has had a way of intruding on my leisure time. :D

Here's one more.

Heads and tails.

Last edited:

Lucille

My twin turbo GTO, sweet Maybellene, Images that Pop!

A7R II, 70-200mm GM @116mm f/2.8, ISO100, 1/1600sec.

seb

We celebrated the anniversary of my mother last weekend and stayed in a house of friends in the Toggenburg. The picture shows a part of their garden.

a place to be
(a7RII + Loxia 21)

a place to be

doug

At a watering site in central Oregon, USA:

Green-tailed Towhee

Cassin's Finch

Pinyon Jay

Red Crossbill

At the Yolo Bypass Wildlife Area (Yolo County) California

Peregrine Falcon

All: Sony a7II, Canon FD 500mm f/4.5 L

DLP

Morning, Xiniu Hai, Jiuzhaigou Valley National Park, Sichuan Province, China
a7ii + FE 1635 ZA

Shuzhengzhai Valley, Jiuzhaigou Valley National Park, Sichuan Province, China
a7ii + FE 1635 ZA

Barry Haines

Barry thanks. That looks like a frozen lake to me. :facesmack:
Thanks Karl, it does doesn't it :) ....Yet the truth was completely different!....the surfers were out in their hundreds making the most of the ideal conditions.
I had to climb down off of the grassy platform as it was too spongy and windy for the tripod for multiple long exposures to the firmer rocky ledge below...Alison lowered down my gear to me.
I was now much nearer to the Atlantic Ocean where I could now encompass the rocks, yet I could still include the horizion (21mm Loxia) but not the sun that was causing havoc with flare from sea spray on the lens.
The waves were crashing in at about ten feet in height literally just below me causing the sea to boil a few feet away causing all that lovely blurry white foam.
I tried several versions (mixing up the settings and exposure)...By the time I was finished me and my gear were looking pretty wet and caked in salt water.
I hope you enjoy the pic...I worked pretty hard for that one (and a few others yet to come)....Cheers Barry

k-hawinkler

Thanks Karl, it does doesn't it :) ....Yet the truth was completely different!....the surfers were out in their hundreds making the most of the ideal conditions.
I had to climb down off of the grassy platform as it was too spongy and windy for the tripod for multiple long exposures to the firmer rocky ledge below...Alison lowered down my gear to me.
I was now much nearer to the Atlantic Ocean where I could now encompass the rocks, yet I could still include the horizion (21mm Loxia) but not the sun that was causing havoc with flare from sea spray on the lens.
The waves were crashing in at about ten feet in height literally just below me causing the sea to boil a few feel t away causing all that lovely blurry white foam.
I tried several versions (mixing up the settings and exposure)...By the time I was finished me and my gear were looking pretty wet and caked in salt water.
I hope you enjoy the pic...I worked pretty hard for that one (and a few others yet to come)....Cheers Barry
Many thanks Barry. What an effort and story!
I hope your gear didn't suffer from the salt water! :bugeyes:
How do you clean your gear after a torture session like this?

I am curious now what a single shot of the crashing waves looks like. :grin:
Thanks again.

Barry Haines

Many thanks Barry. What an effort and story!
I hope your gear didn't suffer from the salt water! :bugeyes:
How do you clean your gear after a torture session like this?

I am curious now what a single shot of the crashing waves looks like. :grin:
Thanks again.
Thanks Karl, I just wash/wipe down my gear with a wet (freshwater) cloth and air dry.

Edit: Image added...
New and Old Polzeath (multiple exposures with smooth reflection app)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 7792

More backyard critters, including one surprise guest. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.