The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

doug

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Warblers migrating south, Putah Creek, Solano County California

All: Sony a7II, Canon FD 500mm f/4.5 L

Slingers

Was playing around with a new projector lens i received tonight to test its bokeh.

Pentacon AV 80/2.8

The Ute

A few more from my road trip:
Grosvenor Arch
Paria Toadstool
Kodachrome Basin

A7RII/ Batis 25

The Ute

Kodachrome Basin State Park.
The lone Monolith is called the "Sentinel".
The other is nameless.

Annna T

AnnaT.....

What an extraordinary set of pics!!.....To English eyes these constructions are beyond strange! What does the ordinary Swiss person make of them?......Are they popular with the population?

........I then took a look at your flickr page......there are some VERY weird buildings in the Land of cowbells and chocolate!

........Or even in the Land of small arms and precision machine tools, come to that!

Thank you for your kind words and for your interest. I don't think that all the rest areas are so pompous and excessive. The two I photographed my well be unique samples. I suspect that the regional authorities participated in the financing (while usually the national roads are paid by the central government). When the highway was built (between 1988 and 1991 for this particular leg), there were at the same time great hopes (that the highway would bring more tourists) and great fears (that the people using the highway won't stop in Valais anymore). I think these extraordinary constructions reflect that. They wanted to show the region to the tourists : the toilets are located at the ground floor and when you go upstairs you get a good view of the region : the two castles of the city, the vineyards hanging from the slopes, the villages and their church towers and the mountains. I plan to visit a few other rest areas in order to confirm that impression, but the other ones I know are more modest.

Here are a few other views of the place :

Rest Area Sion-Est - 20160910_066a7r2i by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

The Ute

Late afternoon at 'Inspiration Point".
Bryce Canyon NP

A7RII/ Batis 25

Thorkil

:rolleyes:...that looks to be a nice, calming humble and relaxing start-up, Barry!
Have to go to England in my next life....it looks rather cosy.
thorkil
ps. got it on street view, Penzance, right site of the harbour...:thumbup:

Barry Haines

:rolleyes:...that looks to be a nice, calming humble and relaxing start-up, Barry!
Have to go to England in my next life....it looks rather cosy.
thorkil
ps. got it on street view, Penzance, right site of the harbour...:thumbup:

Thorkil well found :) and if you need to do a little shopping in your next life :ROTFL:

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Antwerp Central Station, looking through from the new (extended) part back towards the old canopy

A700 + Son 18-250

Status
Not open for further replies.