The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ute

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

The first one is really beautiful with a fantastic light.
Much appreciated.
You are too kind.
I hope things go better w your Mother.
I went thru a very tough couple of years not too long ago w mine.
She passed last year.
I hate to say it but in some ways it was a relief to all.
She suffered too much towards the end and we along w her.
It was very difficult.
I don't know if you are a person of Faith but if you are I hope you find strength thru it.

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

At the photokina the Sony booth had some models to test the new A99ii. But you couldn't put your own card in the camera or take the pictures home in another way. So I took a picture of her with my own equipment. She looked at me and said: "You still have to make do with an old A850 and an ancient Minolta 85/1.4 G? Poor guy, I'll give you my best smile" ;)

V

Vivek

The Ute: Air blow, wet clean with 95% ethanol (and nothing else) and repeat process until clean. Good luck!

seb

I like it with the trees. It does not block anything, but adds a new level.

Work, private projects and the planning of our next holiday (New Zealand!) hold me away from shooting/processing stuff I would share here. As some may know, I'm very restrictive with publishing my work for others or people shots in the net (although this stuff is around 90% of my work). But people appreciate my restriction. So it happens from time to time, that I just don't have anything to post here, even though I'm sitting all evenings in front of the computer.
Here are two from my "restricted work" from the last days. It's fine, when I post them for a short time on my presentation page and you can have a look, if you are interested...
The first is one of the documentation of a work from my wife and the second is one about fun fairs through the eyes of kids.

Annna, all the best to you and your mother.

So here are a few pictures from this past week.

I went to the hospital many times during the last days and it lies on the other side of the city with respect to my home. So I was able to take some pictures from the back of those castles you are accustomed to see. At the beginning, I had only a short zoom and the weather was clearly turning to autumn :

Mont d'Orge, Valère et Tourbillon, Sion - 20160916_003a7r2i by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

Note that in Sion there are four castles. In the above picture, you can see three castles. Of the third there is only a few ruins remaining. They are at the top of the third hill at the left of the picture. Sorry for the trees blocking the view.

Cooler

At the photokina the Sony booth had some models to test the new A99ii. But you couldn't put your own card in the camera or take the pictures home in another way. So I took a picture of her with my own equipment. She looked at me and said: "You still have to make do with an old A850 and an ancient Minolta 85/1.4 G? Poor guy, I'll give you my best smile" ;)

Oh, i was planning to go there tomorrow, but if i cant get any photos on my card, dont know then. Do you think it make sense to go there? Anything really interesting?

ps. what a photographer am i if asking such a question, decided to go today)) So if you still here in Cologne, ping me via private message, can walk together in photokina

Last edited:

DLP

Since it is the autumn of the North Hemisphere, I would like to upload an autumn pic of the South Hemisphere ;)

The University of Western Australia, Perth

a7r + lea4 + 35 f1.4 G

pegelli

Oh, i was planning to go there tomorrow, but if i cant get any photos on my card, dont know then. Do you think it make sense to go there? Anything really interesting?

ps. what a photographer am i if asking such a question, decided to go today)) So if you still here in Cologne, ping me via private message, can walk together in photokina
For me the highlight of the Photokina was the Leica exhibition in Hall 1. Very worthwhile to pay a visit there.

Also handling the A99ii is nice and already gives some information by chimping the shots and walking the menus.

There's also two counters in the Sony booth where you can test all kind of lenses (on your own body) or bodies (with your own lens) so you can take the pics home. Only not the A99ii :( And you can't take them far, have to stay close to the counter for that, but I can see why they do that.

I'm already home in Belgium, so unfortunately no chance to meet. I just spent a good part of a day there (Wednesday 11:00 - 15:00) and for me that was more then enough.

Cooler

For me the highlight of the Photokina was the Leica exhibition in Hall 1. Very worthwhile to pay a visit there.

Also handling the A99ii is nice and already gives some information by chimping the shots and walking the menus.

There's also two counters in the Sony booth where you can test all kind of lenses (on your own body) or bodies (with your own lens) so you can take the pics home. Only not the A99ii :( And you can't take them far, have to stay close to the counter for that, but I can see why they do that.

I'm already home in Belgium, so unfortunately no chance to meet. I just spent a good part of a day there (Wednesday 11:00 - 15:00) and for me that was more then enough.
Yep, I also played with A99II, really promising camera, much better, then i expected. Maybe i will buy it in few years to my A850 :) After photokina i decided, that my next lens will be loxia 21/2.8 + A7rII, its so compact and lightweight, want to exchange my zeiss 21/2.8 ZF, converted to A-mount. So i will get the same quality and picture, but less weight and size.

Sony A850 + Zeiss 135/1.8

Photokina 2016. Sony Lady
by Bogdan Kulyk, on Flickr

pegelli

Hope you had a good day Bogdan, the Sony lady came out nice anyway ;)

As promised here's the "classical" shot of the Hohenzollernbrücke, with the Dom in the background

Night:

Day:

both A6000 + E18-55 kit

Annna T

The Ute wrote :

I hope things go better w your Mother.
I went thru a very tough couple of years not too long ago w mine.
She passed last year.
I hate to say it but in some ways it was a relief to all.
She suffered too much towards the end and we along w her.
It was very difficult.
I don't know if you are a person of Faith but if you are I hope you find strength thru it.

Thank you The Ute for your words of encouragement. I appreciate. I guess that we all go through that one day or another, especially when we reach retirement age. We hope that this obligatory passage goes softly, without too much pains.

Seb wrote :

Annna, all the best to you and your mother.

Thank you Seb for your wishes, I appreciate. The pictures you (didn't) show are very nice.

Annna T

Two days ago, I photographed another rest area along the highway. I thought it would be a modest one and just went with the 24-70mm zoom, but it was more extended than I anticipated. Because in addition to the toilets there was also a large picnic area. But what impressed me more is that it was offering a new angle of view on a very nice landscape of vineyards with mountains in the background and a railway in the foreground. So in the coming days I'll show some of the shots I took there.

I have two versions of the following scene and don't know which one to choose, help me out ! They show the vineyards of Ardon/Chamoson and the Haut-de-Cry and Muverans mountains.

A7rm2 and FE 24-70mm F4

Aire de repos A9, Ardon - 20160922_021a7r2i-2 by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

A7rm2 and FE 24-70mm F4

Aire de repos A9, Ardon - 20160922_019a7r2i by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member

...don't know which one to choose...
Rewind two days, then walk straight until you passed the power lines. Take mutiple shoots from your widest to your longest, ideally with circ.-pol. attached, then post again...

.... just kidding...

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member

I have two versions of the following scene and don't know which one to choose, help me out ! They show the vineyards of Ardon/Chamoson and the Haut-de-Cry and Muverans mountains.
Personally I find the first one the strongest plus in #2 the tree is actually OOF and hence distracts vs help frame the shot.

pegelli

Annna, for me also the first one, feels less cramped vs. the other one and I agree with Graham's point about the out of focus tree.

All the best with your mother, I can certainly relate what you are going through.
I lost my mother two years ago and she was very much looking forward to my planned retirement (which was postponed month after month because the company didn't have a successor ready). In the end she went into a coma on Friday, on Saturday I was told I could finally retire and on Monday she passed. Those were the most crazy and mixed emotion four days of my life. I hope you have more peace and quiet to help your mother through the last phase of her life.

seb

I'm also for the first one Annna. It gives me the feeling to move on through the last trees to see the wonderful landscape on the top of the hill. It's a very nice scenery.

Annna, for me also the first one, feels less cramped vs. the other one and I agree with Graham's point about the out of focus tree.
I'm sorry to hear that Pieter.
My father got Altzheimer diagnosed when I was 23. A few weeks later I made the decision to take care at least one day per week. At the beginning we did a lot of hikes together, in the end, after ten years, I washed him and feeded him. The time formed me, but I never regret it. I didn't made a career like my friends and live isn't that light anymore. But now I try to spare as much time as possible with the people I love. Love is the biggest gift we have and it is very powerful in a wonderful way. It's been eight years now and I often think about my father and always with a good feeling. He's still a part of my life. Yes, he died, but that's fine. He suffered a lot of pain at the end.
If I'm in the position to give a general advice: If it is about the people you love, do it now. Try to enjoy the time, and don't care much about the leave. It will come ones, and your thoughts about it will not bring it faster or later. But the feelings you have together will stay.
All the very best, Sebastian.

All the best with your mother, I can certainly relate what you are going through.
I lost my mother two years ago and she was very much looking forward to my planned retirement (which was postponed month after month because the company didn't have a successor ready). In the end she went into a coma on Friday, on Saturday I was told I could finally retire and on Monday she passed. Those were the most crazy and mixed emotion four days of my life. I hope you have more peace and quiet to help your mother through the last phase of her life.
And here is one for the great fun-thread we have here. The sky went crazy on friday:

kitchen window
(a7rII + 85GM)

sunset

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.