The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Haines

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

A7RII + 55mm FE - Some more shots from the Lanhydrock...
Kitchen areas ending with some William Morris wallpaper with a very old decorative plate from an even earlier period in the inner hallway.

Barry Haines

Mr. Prolific-

The 55 is an amazing lens.
Hi Ute, yes, a great little lightweight lens as I believe you also have one...it renders wonderful wide open as it does stopped down.
Good job somebody is Prolific around here, otherwise the pages would turn on this thread at a snails pace :LOL:
only a few of us left it seems :cry:

pegelli

Good job somebody is Prolific around here, otherwise the pages would turn on this thread at a snails pace :LOL:
Same happens in the "Fun with Sony" thread, maybe I should get an A7 to be able to join forces and post here.

Seems a lot of regulars here moved to Pentax, Hasselblad and Fuji :bugeyes:

D

Deleted member 7792

Keep posting!!! I'm enjoying every image. I've got tons of excuses - winter, illness, holidays, income tax filings - for not shooting or posting but still have my a7RII with the GM 24-70mm ready to emerge from my lair.

Joe

Barry Haines

Same happens in the "Fun with Sony" thread, maybe I should get an A7 to be able to join forces and post here.

Agreed + It would be lovely to have you posting images over here Pieter, as I have said before :)

I think ppl in general are perhaps more motivated in taking images when their new camera arrives, which I fully understand and appreciate...It's over a year since the last A7 series camera came out....I guess ppl are itchy to spend their money somewhere else:(...Personally speaking I still like the camera :)

The Ute

Hi Ute, yes, a great little lightweight lens as I believe you also have one...it renders wonderful wide open as it does stopped down.
I do Barry and I'm keeping it.
Hard to take a bad photo w it.
I wonder what happened to Anna ?
I know her Mother was very ill.
I hope she returns someday.

The Ute

Yes by all means do so.
I love my A7RII.
It's pretty much a complete camera.
Only thing is won't do well is sports shooting but I have little to no interest in that.
For everything else it's great.
Especially w the ever increasing # of native FE lenses and the ability to adapt others.

The Ute

Keep posting!!! I'm enjoying every image. I've got tons of excuses - winter, illness, holidays, income tax filings - for not shooting or posting but still have my a7RII with the GM 24-70mm ready to emerge from my lair.

Joe
Looking forward to it. :)

The Ute

And while we're on the subject of a great little lens.
A7RII/Zony 35 f2.8

iiiNelson

I'm still in Sony camp although I've flirted with the idea of adding a Fuji GFX but the Sony isn't going anywhere unless the Fuji could replace it 100%.

V

Vivek

I think ppl in general are perhaps more motivated in taking images when their new camera arrives, which I fully understand and appreciate...It's over a year since the last A7 series camera came out....
Fact is that most Sony A7x owners never posted in this thread. Check out the medium format section, most have an A7R II.

A few (Michiel, Quentin, ..) have moved to Pentax.

If the most owned (Sony A7x) camera related threads are showing a slow down, you can imagine how dead some other sections in this site are. :bugeyes:

FWIW, i photograph every day. I am just not that enthusiastic to show the pics in public as before.

pegelli

Agreed + It would be lovely to have you posting images over here Pieter, as I have said before :)
Thanks Barry, but next to the 4 cameras I regularly use (and am happy with) I can't justify spending over 3 k ($ or €) for an A7Rii. If I find a good base A7 for far enough below 1 k I might be tempted.

I would like to join, but am also a firm believer that I don't need the latest/greatest gear to make pictures I'm happy with so we'll see what I run into over the coming month.

Barry Haines

Joe
Thank you Joe...We will all look forward to seeing your images again (once you run out of excuses that is :LOL: )....Get well soon and hurry back ;-)

I do Barry and I'm keeping it.
Hard to take a bad photo w it.
I wonder what happened to Anna ?
I know her Mother was very ill.
I hope she returns someday.
Ute, that's good to know that you are keeping yours, as I am also keeping mine.
BTW. Sadly Annna's mother passed away last year and her current energy/interest has now been diverted I believe to Facebooking.
I hope she will come back soon as you say :)

Fact is that most Sony A7x owners never posted in this thread. Check out the medium format section, most have an A7R II.
A few (Michiel, Quentin, ..) have moved to Pentax.
If the most owned (Sony A7x) camera related threads are showing a slow down, you can imagine how dead some other sections in this site are. :bugeyes:
FWIW, i photograph every day. I am just not that enthusiastic to show the pics in public as before.
Vivek, If that is indeed a fact, then I am saddened that they never bother to post here, as we are a friendly enough bunch that would make them all very welcome :)
Obviously, I have noticed that Michiel, Alan and Quentin have all now switched over to Pentax K1's...it seems to be an excellent camera by all accounts that they are all very happy with :)
Likewise, sorry to hear that you are less enthusiastic to show your pictures in public nowadays :( ...Good to hear that you are still taking images though :)

Thanks Barry, but next to the 4 cameras I regularly use (and am happy with) I can't justify spending over 3 k ($ or €) for an A7Rii. If I find a good base A7 for far enough below 1 k I might be tempted.
I would like to join, but am also a firm believer that I don't need the latest/greatest gear to make pictures I'm happy with so we'll see what I run into over the coming month.
Hi Pieter, likewise I'm also a firm believer that you don't need the latest and greatest gear to take/make great images (I will probably pass on the next Sony A7? model camera and stick with what I have for now) ...I expect the A7? S/H prices will drop as soon as Sony release their next FF camera, which I expect will probably be soon :) Meanwhile enjoy what you have and happy snapping.

thrice

55mm Sony Sonnar at f/1.8
Kosta.jpg
21mm Zeiss Loxia at f/3.5
EmeraldPeacockRooftop.jpg

Both A7RII

Status
Not open for further replies.