The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

seb

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Tre...I think Seb was trying to strengthen the threads by combining the 2 together.
We have 2 threads already...That almost proposal of yours :grin: just changes the dilutions and leaves us still with 2 threads...Although not a bad idea in theory.
I think we can discuss this as much as we like but Guy should be involved...It's his thread ultimately
Yes, I was just thinking of the future of this thread, when the latest model will be an a9... But I think I have to buy a body then and start to spam the "fun with sony" thread then, before someone starts a "Fun with the Sony A9 Series..." :D
I just wanted to say, that I like to look at the "fun with sony", "fun with a7", "fun with rx1R1", "fun with rx1R2" (did I miss one?) threads and sometimes I wish they were all together in one.

...I think things have been a bit slow of late on this thread for the reasons Vivek gave earlier and it's not as bad here as some other threads are doing...No doubt a new camera will come along soon and the weather will start to improve in the Northern hemisphere that will inject some new life back into this thread...(Come on Joe no more excuses :grin: :ROTFL:)...
Yes, I'm with Vivek in this case too. On the other hand, we might bring some life back in this thread if we just like some old pictures of people that stopped posting here. :rolleyes:

BTW. I spotted a comment recently but way back in this thread that you just might want to consider
http://www.getdpi.com/forum/sony/50257-fun-sony-a7-series-cameras-all-them-52.html#post598259 :LOL:
Barry, this is looooong time ago. I saw some very saturated and colored pictures of Werner there. :D

The Ute

Since I have been posting here for a while I'll offer my 2 cents worth.
Please just let me know what you folks decide.
I am completely neutral in my POV.
Keep it, change it, whatever.
Happy shooting.

Jan

Interesting, seeing this shot after i first saw the X1D version of this location. By any chance you shot this location also with a 24-70GM?

One from today - A7RII with CV 15mm f4.5 III @ f5.6 and then given some treatment.

V

Vivek

I don't almost propose that we break up the fun with Sony threads into a Full Frame and cropped sensor thread so that people looking for images could quickly discern which thread has which shots.
How about being an active participant in posting images than proposing reorganizations? :p :LOL:

(I don't care either way. The original A7 thread was merged with some old and defunct Sony cam thread and a new thread, for no good reason was started.)

V

Vivek

Normally I only post new pics. But, there has been a pause for an year under extenuating circumstances.
This one is several months old.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

Sony A7s, Sony FE 35/2.8

pegelli

I'm currently in the Lofoten, so more thinking about shooting then GetDPI thread organisation. But in general I really don't care, I don't mind checking a few threads more or less. Maybe splitting APS-C vs FF would work, all in one pot would be the easiest but if it stays like today that's OK by me as well.

V

Vivek

FWIW, I have no issue with generic non brand threads either.

I propose that we get rid of all brand name oriented pics thread and only discuss the price hikes and other such atrocities from Sony in a sony forum. :toocool:

Barry Haines

a really really nice picture, Barry!
thorkil
Thank you Thorkil, very kind of you :)

Yes, I was just thinking of the future of this thread, when the latest model will be an a9... But I think I have to buy a body then and start to spam the "fun with sony" thread then, before someone starts a "Fun with the Sony A9 Series..." :D
I just wanted to say, that I like to look at the "fun with sony", "fun with a7", "fun with rx1R1", "fun with rx1R2" (did I miss one?) threads and sometimes I wish they were all together in one.
Seb....the latest model will be an a9!!!....:shocked: Is that SR1 or SR5 ;) :LOL:
JOOI are your intentions to oneday try and merge all those other threads with"Fun with Sony" or is it just the Fun with A7 series cameras for now?

Yes, I'm with Vivek in this case too. On the other hand, we might bring some life back in this thread if we just like some old pictures of people that stopped posting here. :rolleyes:
Unlikely but feel free to knock yourself out, like as many as you want :ROTFL:

Barry, this is looooong time ago. I saw some very saturated and colored pictures of Werner there. :D
You are right it was a long time ago :D ...I often return to Werners garage calendar shot as it gives me a chuckle at all the consternation that it caused way back then ;) :LOL:

Being serious for just one minute...You should really be talking to Guy and not us about your proposal, only just to see if he is in favour of it (or not), it's a thread that he created and not us...Admin are the only ppl that can make those kind of changes that you are talking about.

FWIW. Pieter and myself are of the same mind.

Drove over to Devon today and visited Castle Drogo, spotted this weird contraption in the corner of one of the rooms....The small label reads "SIDEBOARD TO MARS ENTERPRISES" (A7RII + 55mm FE)

V

Vivek

On the other hand, we might bring some life back in this thread if we just like some old pictures of people that stopped posting here. :rolleyes:
I missed that (thanks Barry).

You know where they post now. Why should you be sony centric instead of being photo centric? :rolleyes:

iiiNelson

How about being an active participant in posting images than proposing reorganizations? :p :LOL:

(I don't care either way. The original A7 thread was merged with some old and defunct Sony cam thread and a new thread, for no good reason was started.)
Rarely have time to discuss much less post pics these days. Plus in the middle of a relocation. Will definitely post more personal pics when I take something that I feel like sharing.

pegelli

I missed that (thanks Barry).

You know where they post now. Why should you be sony centric instead of being photo centric? :rolleyes:
I fully agree Vivek, but the non brand centric threads are even more quiet. I post there with a few others but that's it

seb

I fully agree Vivek, but the non brand centric threads are even more quiet. I post there with a few others but that's it
Huh, there are other brands?! :shocked:
Can you link me to it Pieter? I was not aware of such a thread here on getDPI.

It looks like no one has something against a rename of this thread to "Fun with Sony Cameras (all of them)". I will ask Guy if he can rename it, then I will ask fotografz, if he can rename the "Fun with Sony ___" to "Fun with Sony (discontinued)". All other "Fun with ..." we don't touch.

I'll ask for it next week. If someone want to insist, feel free to post here your suggestions or PM me (I will keep it confidential, I'm Swiss :thumbs:). If there are other votes, I will not do it.

mediumcool

Leaves in shade

Sony a7 w/ adapted 35mm f/1.8 Rokkor 1/400 f/2.8 ISO 200

-34.976624, 138.591714

Last edited:
V

Vivek

It looks like no one has something against a rename of this thread to "Fun with Sony Cameras (all of them)". I will ask Guy if he can rename it, then I will ask fotografz, if he can rename the "Fun with Sony ___" to "Fun with Sony (discontinued)". All other "Fun with ..." we don't touch.

I'll ask for it next week. If someone want to insist, feel free to post here your suggestions or PM me (I will keep it confidential, I'm Swiss :thumbs:). If there are other votes, I will not do it.
Strongly suggest that you concentrate on photography. ;)

pegelli

http://www.getdpi.com/forum/artful-images-to-share-including-nsfw/
I think the term "artful" might be confusing and put some people off, but there are several good threads in there that are open for entries by multiple members and are open to all brands and camera types.

mediumcool

Purple fruits

Sony a7 w/ adapted Rokkor 35mm f/1.8 1/200 f/2.8 ISO 200

teeraash

Cosplay in Bangkok. Taking with A7R M2 and my new Zeiss Distagon 35mm f1.4 with Planoconvex 5m front filter. No more extreme corner smearing wo which should be useful for group portrait but shouldn't help much for images posted below.

[/url]_DSC0288.jpg by Teera Ashakul, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]_DSC0274.jpg by Teera Ashakul, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]_DSC0243.jpg by Teera Ashakul, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]_DSC0207.jpg by Teera Ashakul, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]_DSC0135.jpg by Teera Ashakul, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]_DSC0118.jpg by Teera Ashakul, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]_DSC0088.jpg by Teera Ashakul, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]_DSC0085.jpg by Teera Ashakul, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]_DSC0340.jpg by Teera Ashakul, on Flickr[/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.