The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saxbike

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

I have not worked on a panorama (stitched) composition in quite awhile. Here is one that I shot Back in January and just stitched it in Photshop. First time I have use Photoshop. The original .tiff is very impressive; the compressed .jpg not so much.
[Sony a7 and 16-35mm f4]

Marsh on St Simons Island, GA by Henry Rinne, on Flickr

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Can't seem to edit the old post, but here are the properly processed shots of the Aurora Borealis.
Now I see the old ones on my screen at home I conclude I should not have posted the previous versions in the first place :banghead:
My sincere apologies.

both A6000 + E10-18/4

Barry Haines

Barry –––– Oh dear oh dear. You happened upon a favourite site; I photographed it in 2014 and 2016 [Leica, and not for here].

Keep tormenting me with pictures of Cornwall.

Regards,

........ Chris
<<<Thanks Chris, you have me curious now to see your Leica variants of this place, pure chance I stumbled upon a favourite site of yours
...I shall try and keep up the torture as you like it so much :D <<<

<<<Teera the 21mm SEM is much improved with the correction filter on your A7R2, nice work and thank you for posting your findings<<<

^^^Impressive Rock formations Ute^^^

Took the Water Taxi Ferry over to Polruan from Fowey today, the sun very briefly popped out for a minute then disappeared again.
Snapped a few images off with the 35mm ZM Distagon along the Fowey waterfront (Stopped down without FC correction filter).

DLP

Just got a Loxia 50mm, love the pop, the colour, the sharpness and the rendering.
However, I think it is a "horrible" lens, because all I can think about now is getting the other three lovely Loxias:ROTFL:

Last edited:

The Ute

<<<Thanks Chris, you have me curious now to see your Leica variants of this place, pure chance I stumbled upon a favourite site of yours
...I shall try and keep up the torture as you like it so much :D <<<

<<<Teera the 21mm SEM is much improved with the correction filter on your A7R2, nice work and thank you for posting your findings<<<

^^^Impressive Rock formations Ute^^^

Took the Water Taxi Ferry over to Polruan from Fowey today, the sun very briefly popped out for a minute then disappeared again.
Snapped a few images off with the 35mm ZM Distagon along the Fowey waterfront (Stopped down without FC correction filter).

Wonderful clarity and 3D pop Mr. Prolific.:shocked:

V

Vivek

CNN's Hala Gorani announcing the exit poll results of the Dutch parliamentary election results.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

another view

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

A7s, Tokina ATX 90/2.5, The Hague

D

Deleted member 7792

3 shots from Coyote Buttes South.
The free standing sculpted image is called "Dali rock" and was made famous by Michael Fatali.
A7RII/24-70GM
Is that White Pocket? I love that area whatever it's called. :thumbup:

Joe

The Ute

Is that White Pocket? I love that area whatever it's called. :thumbup:

Joe
Joe-
No not White Pocket although it's nearby.
Planning a trip out that way soon. Stay tuned.
It is exactly what I called it "Coyote Buttes South".
You may be familiar w the more publicized "Coyote Buttes North" which contains "The Wave".
Both North and South are permitted.
Getting one for South is generally easier.
A buddy of mine who had seen it for the 1st time and who also has been to the The Wave said he liked
Coyote Buttes South more.
Either way both places are spectacular.
I'll post some more images for your viewing pleasure.

The Ute

A few more from Coyote Buttes South (especially for you Joe). :toocool:
A7RII/24-70 GM

The Ute

Test shot using the "Smooth Reflections" app.
A7RII/24-70 GM
Fantastic to be able to get this sort of effect in broad daylight.
I'm impressed. :)

pegelli

Aperture Series: A7R M2 + Contarex 55mm f1.4.
I shot from f1.4 ,f2 and f2.8. What do you think? I plan to see this lens but afraid of seller remorse :confused:
Teera, I never had no sellers remorse after selling something, but you can't keep everything so sometimes it's better to let something go to someone who will actually use it a lot more.

Looking at the pictures the bokeh at 1.4 and 2.0 is a bit "wild", but some people like that and call it character (bokeh is very subjective)
However at 2.8 it's suddenly a lot smoother.
Overall rendering of the sharp zones I find very pleasing at all 3 apertures.

So from that perspective it's a nice lens, since by changing the aperture one stop you can influence the rendering of the background without changing too much of the sharp subject.

I probably didn't help you, but's it's my 5 cents on the pictures I see here. :)

teeraash

Thanks pegelli for the insightful comments. I also like 2.8 a little more than 2 and 1.4. I plan to sell this 50y old lens to finance the Noct 58/1.2 but abruptly change my mind and order the Nikkor 5.8cm f1.4 instead. It's 150usd vs 3500usd. Will see what I can do with 5.8cm. :D

D

Deleted member 7792

Joe-
No not White Pocket although it's nearby.
Planning a trip out that way soon. Stay tuned.
It is exactly what I called it "Coyote Buttes South".
You may be familiar w the more publicized "Coyote Buttes North" which contains "The Wave".
Both North and South are permitted.
Getting one for South is generally easier.
A buddy of mine who had seen it for the 1st time and who also has been to the The Wave said he liked
Coyote Buttes South more.
Either way both places are spectacular.
I'll post some more images for your viewing pleasure.
A few more from Coyote Buttes South (especially for you Joe). :toocool:
A7RII/24-70 GM
Thanks very much. Great photos of an other-worldly place. :thumbup: Two photographer friends and I hired a guide to take us to South Coyote Buttes. Another tourist/photographer who just happened upon us didn't want to pay the guide fee so he drove his car behind ours and followed. Along the way, his car got stuck axle-deep in sand. Our guide stopped to help and we spent what must have been 1-2 hours trying to extricate him from the sand. We couldn't get him out and had to leave him for a tow in the morning (after making sure he had a sleeping bag and enough provisions to spend the night). We made it to White Pocket that day but not to South Coyote Buttes. I've still got South Coyote Buttes on my bucket list. You've given me further inspiration to get there. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Joe

The Ute

Thanks very much. Great photos of an other-worldly place. :thumbup: Two photographer friends and I hired a guide to take us to South Coyote Buttes. Another tourist/photographer who just happened upon us didn't want to pay the guide fee so he drove his car behind ours and followed. Along the way, his car got stuck axle-deep in sand. Our guide stopped to help and we spent what must have been 1-2 hours trying to extricate him from the sand. We couldn't get him out and had to leave him for a tow in the morning (after making sure he had a sleeping bag and enough provisions to spend the night). We made it to White Pocket that day but not to South Coyote Buttes. I've still got South Coyote Buttes on my bucket list. You've given me further inspiration to get there. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Joe
Welcome. Much appreciated.
Interesting story.
Lot's of folks come unprepared for our wilderness as your acquaintance sadly found out.
Worse things have happened unfortunately.
People visiting need to take our Deserts seriously.
As for CBS. Don't miss it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.