The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

A few more from the Aurora Borealis

A6000 + E10-18/4

A6000 + E10-18/4

I've got plenty more, but I won't bore you showing them all here

Barry Haines

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

That is quite stunning Barry!
Alan, thank you kindly - I did spend a fair bit of time getting that look...The Pentax K1 is working out very nicely for you, you have taken some excellent landscape images over on the K1 thread, the IQ looks terrific :)

Ute, I like the way the tree in that first image of yours frames the distance mountain...nicely seen.

Returning to Shore, taken a few hours ago...nice to see some sun at long last...A7R2 + Loxia 21mm Distagon

The Ute

Alan, thank you kindly - I did spend a fair bit of time getting that look...The Pentax K1 is working out very nicely for you, you have taken some excellent landscape images over on the K1 thread, the IQ looks terrific :)

Ute, I like the way the tree in that first image of yours frames the distance mountain...nicely seen.

Returning to Shore, taken a few hours ago...nice to see some sun at long last...A7R2 + Loxia 21mm Distagon

Thank you Barry.
Very kind of you to say so.

dwood

'frozen seaweed' - a7rii / FE-90 (one from the archives)

seb

Long time no upload. :)

I'm busy with other stuff and do not get some time to shoot new stuff. So I grabbed one out of my NZ-archive and did a quick processing.

Lake Manapouri
(a7RII + Voigtländer Heliar 12/5.6)

I asked Guy last week for a renaming of the thread but I didn't hear anything from him. I told him, that if he would no renaming he don't have to answer. So everything stay the same and we can enjoy all fun threads. :)

Last edited:

AlanS

Barry, you are welcome. Thanks for the comments on my K-1 journey, another learning curve but I feel I am getting there:D

V

Vivek

Spring!

Fig Buttercup, Ficaria verna,
Lesser Celandine
in Ultraviolet

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

Hacked A7, Reflected Ultraviolet capture, SOOC

seb

The Sony 70-300 G was on my list since it came out. I wanted to have a zoom up to FL300, just for situations where I need it. Yesterday I had the opportunity to get a copy for a good price. Today I took a break over lunch and walked through the city.

Zürich - Kreis 5
(a7RII + Sony 70-300/4.5-5.6 G OSS)

I like it so far. It has a good sharpness in the center, but lacks a little bit in contrast.

Last edited:

pegelli

The small town of Svolvaer (Lofoten, Norway) basically has two legs under its economy. Fishing and Tourists.

Here's what this tourist liked about the fish industry. You can see (and smell :shocked:) it everywhere in town.

Most fishing boats are quite small, carry a sail that they never pull down (even when being moored) and probably stay in the fjords and between the islands.

A6000 + E18-105/4

An older (and probably idle) fish processing plant

A6000 + E18-105/4

A newer version, from what we saw in use and active 24/7

A6000 + E18-105/4

From the processing plant some of it goes to the fish racks to be dried

A6000 + E18-105/4

Beheaded corpses hanging out to dry

A6000 + E18-105/4

But little gets wasted, the heads are dried as well (and later ground and used for soup and sauces)

A6000 + E18-105/4

seb

Pony
(a7RII + 70-300/4.5-5.6 G OSS)

Pony is the brand of the moped. ;)

pegelli

A sunrise in Svolvaer

A6000 + E18-105/4

And a sunset near Henningsvaer
A6000 + E55-210

dwood

'chained to the sea floor' - a7r (not the II) and FE 70-200/f4

Barry Haines

The Coastguard (A7RII + 58mm Nokton)
I clambered up the North side of Cape Cornwall in the hope of catching the Coastguard standing on the balcony looking out to sea holding a pair of binoculars :)
Hope is one thing but the reality was that I waited what seemed like forever whilst being buffeted by a bitterly cold wind!...As soon as he made an appearance at the window I quickly took my snap and went for a warm up.

Status
Not open for further replies.