The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Need a Favor with 24-70

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well yes you got 1200 dollars that would help a lot. Lol

Seriously though I would like to get some raws as I want to try some distortion control setting. Like to get a 24,50 and 70 mm images preferably something with lines or some type of architecture in them. I'm concerned at 70 the pin cushion effect and how that may translate on a human being as well. Just need one of each. You can use yousendit.com to upload for free under 100 mb.

Thanks in advance. Just FYI i do not use ACR or Lightroom but c1 to process and they have profiles for some lenses but I might want to try and build one

I have two really bad examples from last week.. These are probably the worst you can get.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20350168/shared photos/DSC0124.ARW
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20350168/shared photos/DSC0128.ARW

There are plenty of other problems in these as well, including being badly exposed.. but the distortion is something else! I was using the level in the camera so they should be horizontally ok, but vertically not as I didn't want to get too much foreground. At the same time I wanted to catch the whole church in the 2nd pic and the width in the first pic. For the church shooting vertical could have helped, but then it would have killed the feeling of open space..

Anyway, try and hack these into something useful!

//Juha

I have two really bad examples from last week.. These are probably the worst you can get.
Juha, Thanks for sharing your files. I love seeing what can be done with less-than-ideal shots. Especially since the A7 files are so malleable.

Here's the result of about a minute of playing in LR (and the unprocessed shot below).

PS
I do wish the moon was just slightly lower in the shot. I thought of moving it, but that would be cheating.

Last edited:
And I have a loooooong way to go to learn that level of skills in post processing :)

Excellent fix for the file. Next time I'll just post my whole library and be done with it!:salute: