The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony A7/A7r with old lenses

BSEH

trying my new people lens - but no people so just checking the bokhe

Bausch and Lomb, Baltar, 75 f/2.3 - a former Hollywood star from 1945.

Wide open f/2.3

Stopped down to f/5.6

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

a7r with Auto Yashinon DX 50 mm f1.4 lens. This "Glass & Brass" lens from the early 1960's was considered one of Yashica's best lenses. It is still an excellent performer, sharp wide open but a bit lacking in contrast until stopped down a little. At f2.8 (this shot) it's impressive.

Godfrey

Interesting stuff, and some lovely photos. :)

It seems I'm so happy using the A7 with the Leica R or Nikkor SLR lenses, I rarely find the motivation to experiment with other things. Really have to dig out my Skink pinhole kit and work with that a little bit.

However, I'm curious if anyone has experimented with the Lomography Petzval lens on the A7/A7r? It's a bit on the pricey side, but the imaging character seems very interesting. I've found that lately the 90mm FoV is working for me very nicely, have two rather different ones to work with already (Summicron-R 90/2 and Nikkor-H 85/1.8), and am entertaining the notion of trying another.

Any comments would be appreciated.

thx
G

hakkalo

Interesting stuff, and some lovely photos. :)

It seems I'm so happy using the A7 with the Leica R or Nikkor SLR lenses, I rarely find the motivation to experiment with other things. Really have to dig out my Skink pinhole kit and work with that a little bit.

However, I'm curious if anyone has experimented with the Lomography Petzval lens on the A7/A7r? It's a bit on the pricey side, but the imaging character seems very interesting. I've found that lately the 90mm FoV is working for me very nicely, have two rather different ones to work with already (Summicron-R 90/2 and Nikkor-H 85/1.8), and am entertaining the notion of trying another.

Any comments would be appreciated.

thx
G
Thought you might be interested in this link although its not on A7/A7r.

¡¶BURTµÄ¿ìÃŶ¨¸ñ¡·new Petzval 85 f2.2¿ªÏä! - ÉãÓ°¾µÍ·

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
We tested the Petzval on my Sony A7r in Yosemite on our last workshop. Not sure we posted them though but it does work really nice and with live view and focus peaking you can see exactly what each of the drop in patterns do and such. Pretty cool lens.

Bob shoots it quite often on his Nikon and Jack has it as well. We actually tested Jacks copy

Godfrey

We tested the Petzval on my Sony A7r in Yosemite on our last workshop. Not sure we posted them though but it does work really nice and with live view and focus peaking you can see exactly what each of the drop in patterns do and such. Pretty cool lens.

Bob shoots it quite often on his Nikon and Jack has it as well. We actually tested Jacks copy
Sounds interesting. If you can post a couple of photos from it, I'd love to see them.

I'm not sure I really want to buy another lens ... Gosh knows I have way more lenses than I really need already! ... but this Petzval seems a very interesting piece.

G