The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony A7/A7r with old lenses

V

Vivek

Before Paul asks for it, here is how my "new" Color Yashinon 45/1.7 (from an Electro 35 GTN) looks like. Focuses from infinity to ~20cm. Needs at least a short hood as it is prone to flare. This is a nostalgic lens for me since the very first camera I used was an Electro 35 (though not a GTN).

http://www.getdpi.com/gallery/files/7/8/4/yash3.jpg

http://www.getdpi.com/gallery/files/7/8/4/yash4.jpg

The one on the right is the Color Yashinon 40/1.7 mounted for Sony E.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
A7r, Color Yashinon 45/1.7, The Hague

Saxbike

a7 & Contax G Zeiss 90mm f2.8 wide open. Converted in Silver Efex Pro 2. Some may find this lens a bit too harsh for portraiture, but I am finding it to my liking.

Date Taken: 2015-01-02 12:48:30
Camera Model: ILCE-7

cam

A question for all here -- how old is old?

I may participate but, I'm afraid, my lenses may be too young...

V

Vivek

Well, Lou prompted me. :D

A7r, Contax G 90/2.8, f/2.8

~30% crop of the (resized) frame with no sharpening and a bit reduced contrast.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Every time I look at this thread, it makes me wish I had never sold my 73mm Hektor M lens...

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Just picked this lens up, a 100 single element lantern. A7r with lens handheld, approx f4 waterstop disk in, 1/60th ISO 640:

V

Vivek

Jack, The artifacts (OOF) are from the lens or from post processing?

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Vivek,

Nope. That is an ooc jpeg with a slight curves adjustment to boost contrast and resize only. Other than the oof jpeg banding, what you see is the lens doing its thing.

V

Vivek

100mm FL sounds interesting, Jack. :)

The ones I have that have waterhouse stops are very long focal length lenses, like this one (455mm APO Nikkor with undrilled waterhouse stops). :(

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
A7r, Color Yashinon 45/1.7

One thing I consistently observe with the Color Yashinon 45/1.7 is the absence or minimal CA!