The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony A7/A7r with old lenses

camping

Hakkalo

In general how do you like the Vivitar 19mm? I believe this 19mm is quite small and the photo looks quite good. Thanks Paul

hakkalo

Hakkalo

In general how do you like the Vivitar 19mm? I believe this 19mm is quite small and the photo looks quite good. Thanks Paul
Vivitar 19mm F3.8 with Minolta MD adapter to E mount is not small. I like this this lens which is cheap and easy to focus , ideal lens for travelling.

gurtch

Hakkalo: I am constantly amazed at your lens collection. Where do you find them, and how do you adapt/mount them? I REALLY love seeing your photos with some really wild, way out lenses! Thanks for sharing!
Dave in NJ

hakkalo

Hakkalo: I am constantly amazed at your lens collection. Where do you find them, and how do you adapt/mount them? I REALLY love seeing your photos with some really wild, way out lenses! Thanks for sharing!
Dave in NJ
My have an obsession of old lenses and I love to see what are their performances in modern digital age. Most of my lenses are come from eBay,local charity shops,antique shops,car boot sale and camera flea market. I bought two lenses in Vancouver BC camera flea market for less Can. $ 20 (attach picture)

I DIY converted old lenses into M42 mount and use on Sony E mount via various type of adapter. Some cine lenses like B&L Baltar ,Kern-Paillard Yvar I let the professional to do the job.

Here the picture to show a simple modification of an old camera lens.(Needs a hellicoid for focussing)

gurtch

My have an obsession of old lenses and I love to see what are their performances in modern digital age. Most of my lenses are come from eBay,local charity shops,antique shops,car boot sale and camera flea market. I bought two lenses in Vancouver BC camera flea market for less Can. $ 20 (attach picture)

I DIY converted old lenses into M42 mount and use on Sony E mount via various type of adapter. Some cine lenses like B&L Baltar ,Kern-Paillard Yvar I let the professional to do the job.

Here the picture to show a simple modification of an old camera lens.(Needs a hellicoid for focussing)

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Keep it up, I really enjoy your adventures!
Dave