The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony A7/A7r with old lenses

arri

100 years old
Yesterday I got the Emil Busch Glaukar 80m f/2.0 and today I finish the adaptation to the Sony ILCE 7. Now it has a M42 mount and I can use the long M42 helix for Sony E-Mount.
The Glaukar is one of the ealiest fast f/2 lenses in history, incridible expensive in the early 20th century. It is a five element tele photo design, like the Zeiss Tessar and the Ernemann Ernostar. Tele lens means the distance between lens level and film level is shorter than the focus of the lens. This Glaukar has a distance of only 58mm in relation to the 80mm of the lens. This makes it impossible to use with SLR cameras because the rear of the lens will hit the mirror. That´s why I´am so grateful for the Sony camera, with it nearly everything goes.

Glaukar 02.jpgGlaukar 01.jpg

gurtch

100 years old
Yesterday I got the Emil Busch Glaukar 80m f/2.0 and today I finish the adaptation to the Sony ILCE 7. Now it has a M42 mount and I can use the long M42 helix for Sony E-Mount.
The Glaukar is one of the ealiest fast f/2 lenses in history, incridible expensive in the early 20th century. It is a five element tele photo design, like the Zeiss Tessar and the Ernemann Ernostar. Tele lens means the distance between lens level and film level is shorter than the focus of the lens. This Glaukar has a distance of only 58mm in relation to the 80mm of the lens. This makes it impossible to use with SLR cameras because the rear of the lens will hit the mirror. That´s why I´am so grateful for the Sony camera, with it nearly everything goes.

View attachment 131588View attachment 131589
That is so cool. Please post some pictures made with this combination! I find it exciting!
Thanks
Dave in NJ

hakkalo

The last one for today, a very rare lens, an Ertel Munich Ertoplan 3.8/50mm. Made in the 1920th for a 35mm cine camera. I want to present all my converted lenses in the next book about standard lenses. First step is to machine everything to make´em usable with the digital cams already, than I can start to take pictures with it. I can´t await to see the first results.
Never heard of this lens:cool:

V

Vivek

The Pentacon 29mm, Pieter, does it even cover the whole sensor at infinity?

pegelli

After all the chatter on the great A7iii and high prices/taxes it felt great to go out in the crisp sunshine this afternoon and use my A7 (no ii's) and an old MC-Rokkor PF 58/1.4 and confirm it still takes pictures I am very happy with :D

V

Vivek

The A7III discussion is far from over and Sony’s european rip off (does not apply to used gear, of course) continues regardless of whether your gear works or not. ;)