The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony A7/A7r with old lenses

hakkalo

The last one for today, a very rare lens, an Ertel Munich Ertoplan 3.8/50mm. Made in the 1920th for a 35mm cine camera. I want to present all my converted lenses in the next book about standard lenses. First step is to machine everything to make´em usable with the digital cams already, than I can start to take pictures with it. I can´t await to see the first results.
Extremely rare lens . Can you post some image ?

pegelli

Rusty old timer shot with a another old-timer (slightly beat-up but good glass)

A7ii + Meyer Orestor 100/2.8 @ f2.8 (the oldest 14 blade manual aperture version)

seb

Looks great. Can you tell us more about the performance? (of the lens, and maybe also of the bike) :D

Rusty old timer shot with a another old-timer (slightly beat-up but good glass)

A7ii + Meyer Orestor 100/2.8 @ f2.8 (the oldest 14 blade manual aperture version)

pegelli

Looks great. Can you tell us more about the performance? (of the lens, and maybe also of the bike) :D
No problem seb, it's this lens. My copy looks well used on the outside but the glass is clean and aperture/focus both turn very smooth. It's the 14 aperture blade version, totally manual (so no preset aperture or push-pin). Sharpness is amazing wide open, corners/sides are very good and close to what you get in the center. It gives some purple fringing/glow around bright objects (not CA) but that's easily taken care of in Lightroom. It's also remarkable small and light for such a lens constructed out of all metal. Bokeh is smoother than the famous Meyer trioplan 100/2.8 (renowned for it's bubbly bokeh) but since bokeh is a matter of taste I prefer the smoother variation this lens produces. I just got it yesterday, so it needs more testing to give a more detailed report, but I hope this start helps a bit.

seb

Thanks Pieter, I'm looking forward for more samples. It was the bokeh that took me to ask you about the lens. I like it. :)

No problem seb, it's this lens. My copy looks well used on the outside but the glass is clean and aperture/focus both turn very smooth. It's the 14 aperture blade version, totally manual (so no preset aperture or push-pin). Sharpness is amazing wide open, corners/sides are very good and close to what you get in the center. It gives some purple fringing/glow around bright objects (not CA) but that's easily taken care of in Lightroom. It's also remarkable small and light for such a lens constructed out of all metal. Bokeh is smoother than the famous Meyer trioplan 100/2.8 (renowned for it's bubbly bokeh) but since bokeh is a matter of taste I prefer the smoother variation this lens produces. I just got it yesterday, so it needs more testing to give a more detailed report, but I hope this start helps a bit.

pegelli

I've only take 3 pictures with this lens so far, here's the other two.

Focussed on the water lillies about 2/5th from the bottom of the frame:

both A7ii + Meyer Orestor 100/2.8 @ f2.8

Next week I'm on a short break and will take the lens with me for trying it out a lot more.

arri

Hugo Meyer Goerlitz Veraplan 4.5/55mm It were a wideangle lens for the Exakta Junior 4.5x6cm. Now in a Leica 39 screw mount with rangefinder coupling. The separate tube is for using the front cell alone, than I have a 100mm lens with the incredible speed of f/8 This lens is really a rare one, I never saw one before.
42571901962_0a0af7dc92_c.jpg

pegelli

I've only take 3 pictures with this lens so far, here's the other two.
Hi pegelli,

I just bought this with Exakta mount after reading this post. Should be arriving by the end of June.

dpal.
That's great, I hope you like it as much as I do.

Here's some pics from Smögen (Sweden) with it (on an A7ii):

1: Brody

2: Smögen "beach"

3: Rocks

4: More rocks and a gull

I very much like the rendering of this lens, sharp without overdone microcontrast and a pleasing bokeh. All very personal of-course so YMMV