The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony A7/A7r with old lenses

pegelli

OM Zuiko day :toocool:

In the beginage of Antwerp

A7 + OM Zuiko 21/3.5

University college of Antwerp (need to go back again early morning, now the sun was in the wrong spot :( )

A7 + OM Zuiko 24/2.8

pegelli

A7ii with an old and partly disfunctional Meyer Görlitz 50/2.8 Domiplan. The aperture is stuck wide open and there's severe decentering making the right side of the image quite fuzzy. But I still like the shot, so we could call this "lens character" :LOL:

Garden Tiger:

pegelli

Yesterday I also used my oldest lens, a 1948 (according to the serial #) Leica Elmar 50/3.5 that my father bought new in 1949.

It originally did double duty on his IIIf as well as enlarging lens in a Leitz Valoy enlarger.

1: No horseplay

2: Ivy (at MFD with a Hawk "type 3"Helicoid adapter)

3: Fallen

All on an A7ii

pegelli

Golden diamond

A7ii + Meyer Görlitz Filmostar 75 mm, a projection lens with an unknown max aperture and no aperture mechanism.

Knorp

I read that the 7,5 cm Filmostar III lens of the Filmosto projector has 1:3.5
Other info: http://www.wikiwand.com/de/Filmosto

Filmostar II, 1:3/75 mm (Hersteller-Aufschrift: Hugo Meyer & Co - Görlitz)

Filmostar III, 1:3/75 mm (Aufschrift f = 7,5 cm)
Filmostar III, 1:3,5/75 mm (Aufschrift f = 7,5 cm)
Filmostar III, 1:3/100 mm (Aufschrift F = 10 cm)
Filmostar III, 1:3,5/100 mm (Aufschrift F = 10 cm)

Filmostar IV, 1:3/100 mm (Aufschrift F = 10 cm)​

pegelli

I read that the 7,5 cm Filmostar III lens of the Filmosto projector has 1:3.5
Thanks Bart, the print on the lens said it was a Filmostar II, but I don't know how much difference that would make in max (and only) aperture. It's not my lens, I was using it a gathering with other photographers and there were a few of us who are into old Meyer Görlitz lenses (both projector as well as camera lenses).

Here's another one with a Meyer Görltz Primoplan 75/1.9

And this is a view how some of these projector lenses look on a camera (also with the primoplan)

One thought comes to mind when using such old stuff: "It's all about character, sharpness is overrated" :ROTFL:

pegelli

Other info: http://www.wikiwand.com/de/Filmosto

Filmostar II, 1:3/75 mm (Hersteller-Aufschrift: Hugo Meyer & Co - Görlitz)

Filmostar III, 1:3/75 mm (Aufschrift f = 7,5 cm)
Filmostar III, 1:3,5/75 mm (Aufschrift f = 7,5 cm)
Filmostar III, 1:3/100 mm (Aufschrift F = 10 cm)
Filmostar III, 1:3,5/100 mm (Aufschrift F = 10 cm)

Filmostar IV, 1:3/100 mm (Aufschrift F = 10 cm)​
Thanks again Bart, I guess it's the f 3 version that I used then.