The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony A7/A7r with old lenses

hakkalo

Another Filmostar experiment

Bakery gone Antique and Curiosa shop

A7ii + Meyer Görlitz Filmostar 75/3 II, vertical LR stitch of three handheld landscape oriented shots)

The statue above the window seemed well protected against the cold wind that day :clap:
Can you post picture of the lens ?:eek:

pegelli

Three frame (landscape) stitch in Lightroom

Sunset in Knokke

A7 + Leica Elmar 50/3.5 (M39, 1949)

pegelli

A peek towards castle Groeneveld through the bushes (Baarn - Netherlands)

A7ii + Leica Elmarit 90/2.8 (M39, 1959)

KenLee

Birch Tree with Chain and Hook, August 2019
Sony A7RII, 55mm Micro-Nikkor​

Last edited:

KeithDM

Following on from Pieter's posts using A7 + Leica 35mm Summaron f2.8 in 'Fun with Sony...' thread, I took my pairing of A7III + 35mm Summaron f2.8 for a stroll into town. A very unscientific test of two pairs of hand-held images, one @ f2.8 & one @ f8 in each case. No surprises I suppose about corner softness at f2.8 but the amount of vignetting did surprise me. Files were imported into LR CC, auto button clicked (no lens profile applied) and exported as 1024px & 72dpi for upload here.

A7III_SummaronDoorsTestF2.8.jpg
f2.8

A7III_SummaronDoorsTestF8.jpg
f8

RWB_A7III_SummaronTest1.jpg
f2.8

RWB_A7III_SummaronTest2.jpg
f8

pegelli

Thanks for sharing these Keith, performance seems very similar to what I observe with this lens on my older bodies (also the vignetting).
It performs a lot better using film on my old and trusty M2

On the other hand I like the garage door shot, peeling paint is somehow an attractive subject (for me)

KeithDM

Ref post #832, I tried my 21 - 35mm Vario Elmar-R f3.5 on my A7III this afternoon. Camera + Novoflex + lens = 1210g, so not a particularly lightweight 'walk-about' combination. Note - all three images were exported from the .arw as 1024px @ 72dpi jpg's.

1) At 35mm & f8.

2) At 21mm & f8.

3) Crop of the 35mm f8 shot. Compares very well with the results from the 35mm Summaron f2.8 @ f8.