The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony A7/A7r with old lenses

pegelli

From a visit to the Vrieselhof estate (near Oelegem, Belgium) with an old Tokina 21/3.8 in Minolta SR mount

The castle:

The moat (now a pond):

Both on an A7ii

hakkalo

Kilfitt Makro-Kilar 4cm F2.8 D (A7R3)

[video]https://www.getdpi.com/forum/newattachment.php?do=assetmanager&values[t]=50279&contenttypeid=1&poststarttime=1582106515&posthash=36df9a45eec0ff0f2991568fb5e38c58&insertinline=1[/video]

Attachments

camping

Backgrounder on Dr Kilfitt from Wikipedia

Heinz Kilfitt was born on 29 May 1898 in Hörntrop-Wattenscheid, Germany; he died on 11 August 1980 in Munich, Germany. He is probably best known for the design of the spring driven 35mm Robot still cameras taking 24×24mm frames on 135 film as well as being a lens maker, renowned for the Macro-Kilars and the manufacture of the Voigtländer Zoomar that was designed by Frank Gerhardt Back (1902-1981).

He was the son of a watchmaker and christened Heinrich Wilhelm Kilfitt. He spent his early youth repairing watches and taking an interest in optics and photography. At the optical company R. Neumann in Berlin he was hired as the head of the Photography department. Combining his watch repair and photography skills he designed the spring driven Robot camera for H. H. Berning in 1930 for fast series of single frame photographs. In the early 1950s he conceived the very compact 35mm SLR Mecaflex camera to be manufactured by Metz Apparatefabik in Fürth, Germany. In 1964 he established the Kilfitt Optische Fabrik in Munich.

Enjoy Paul

pegelli

Helios 44 lenses are quite good (It's a Russian Zeiss Biotar 58/2 clone) and cheap as chips.

So I have one where the front lens is reversed to create a funky soft focus effect, probably not everybodies cup of tea and even I hardly take the lens out. But yesterday I gave it a spin at a small local graveyard and here's some results:

Silk roses

Rest In Peace

Family grave

pegelli

Something a bit more conventional :angel:

Chabot Museum Rotterdam

A7ii + M-Elmar 50/3.5 (M39)

From Wikipedia:
The Chabot Museum is located at the Museumpark in Rotterdam Centrum, between the Netherlands Architecture Institute and the Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen.

It is housed in a white villa designed in 1938 for C. H. Kraaijeveld in the style of New Objectivity by architects Gerrit Willem Baas, a former employee of Brinkman and Van der Vlugt, and Leonard Stokla, a former bureau chief of Kromhout.

The villa has been a rijksmonument (national heritage site) since 2000.

gurtch

I like the effect.
Dave in NJ
QUOTE=pegelli;812376]Helios 44 lenses are quite good (It's a Russian Zeiss Biotar 58/2 clone) and cheap as chips.

So I have one where the front lens is reversed to create a funky soft focus effect, probably not everybodies cup of tea and even I hardly take the lens out. But yesterday I gave it a spin at a small local graveyard and here's some results:

Silk roses

Rest In Peace

Family grave
[/QUOTE]

pegelli

From a walk through our garden with an A7ii and a Meyer Görlitz Trioplan 100/2.8 (wide open)

Backlighted wild azalea (@ MFD = 1,1 meter)

Pear blossom (with an extension tube)

pegelli

From my confinement bicycle ride last sunday.

Entrance to the fort of Oelegem. The white flag on top is not because the fort is surrendering (they already did that in 1914) but currently a white flag or cloth on the houses and other buildings are a symbolic token of appreciation for all people working in the hospitals and care institutions.

A7ii + Meyer Görlitz Trioplan 100/2.8

pegelli

Another trioplan wide open shot showing the beauty of the magnolia in our front garden last sunday

Unfortunately two nights of mild frost (-3) killed all the flowers and buds, it's now all sad looking and drab light brown in colour :cry:

A7ii + Meyer Görlitz Triopan 100/2.8 @ 2.8

gurtch

From a walk through our garden with an A7ii and a Meyer Görlitz Trioplan 100/2.8 (wide open)

Backlighted wild azalea (@ MFD = 1,1 meter)

Pear blossom (with an extension tube)
These photos and that lens are magnificent.
Dave in NJ