The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony A7/A7r with old lenses

gurtch

I also like the veiled look of that last one petronius, only the flare is mildly distracting. But a mysterious shot anyway :thumbup:

A little comparison between two Meyer Görlitz 100/2.8 lenses on a cherry blossom in our garden

Yesterday with the Orestor 100/2.8 @ f2.8 and ~30 mm extension tube:

Today around the same time with the Trioplan 100/2.8 @ f2.8 and a similar extension tube:

A very different character between the two :cool:
I love your wide open shots with the 100mm Trioplan. Is the lens new or an old one, and what mount is it? Thanks
Dave

pegelli

I love your wide open shots with the 100mm Trioplan. Is the lens new or an old one, and what mount is it? Thanks
Dave
Thanks Dave, mine is an old one with an Exacta mount, I have an Exacta to E-mount adapter and a couple of exacta macro tubes for when I want to get closer, standard minimum focus distance of the lens is 1,1 meter which is still quite far for a 100 mm lens.

This is how it looks:

gurtch

Thanks Dave, mine is an old one with an Exacta mount, I have an Exacta to E-mount adapter and a couple of exacta macro tubes for when I want to get closer, standard minimum focus distance of the lens is 1,1 meter which is still quite far for a 100 mm lens.

This is how it looks:
Thank you. Very nostalgic. In my youth (around 1958) my first serious camera was a Practica M42 mount camera. I only had two lenses: a 58mm f1.9 Primoplan, and the 100mm lens shown in in your photo (M42 version). I sure wish I still had it! Used prices on ebay are crazy.
Dave

pegelli

Thank you. Very nostalgic. In my youth (around 1958) my first serious camera was a Practica M42 mount camera. I only had two lenses: a 58mm f1.9 Primoplan, and the 100mm lens shown in in your photo (M42 version). I sure wish I still had it! Used prices on ebay are crazy.
Dave
Indeed ebay prices for that lens are crazy, especially in M42 mount. It's getting a cult status, I think it's a nice lens with a special rendering of the bokeh but I've seen copies go over 500 € which is really crazy for such an old lens. I waited a long time to get one and found a good copy with an Exacta mount, less than half of the M42 versions, incl. the extra adapter I had to get.

pegelli

Recently I acquired a nice black/zebra version of the Meyer Görlitz Oreston 50/1.8. I'm still testing and today I tried to squeeze a bit of the typical Meyer character out of the lens by using it wide open.

Here's what I liked from the many shots I tried around our garden

Hydrangea

Rose

Blackberries (suffering from the heat and drought)

All on an A7Rii and @ f1.8