Site Sponsors

Thread: Question for people who own both A7R and A7

Post Thanks / Like

Question for people who own both A7R and A7

I have two A7Rs at the moment - but I have been thinking of switching one of them for the A7. This isn't primarily for the Electronic First Curtain, though I understand that that does make the shutter a little quieter (still loud though, I understand) and that some people have had less 'shutter shake' issues with it, though I have yet to be overly bothered with this as a problem on the A7R.

The main advantage I'd like to gain is better tracking focus due to the hybrid focus system. Frankly, the A7R can't track in a way that's useful to me and so I really want first hand experiences form those who own both: is the A7 notably beer for this use than the R?

Thanks in advance!

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Question for people who own both A7R and A7

I'm going to say Tim get the A7 for AF tracking stuff. I have not done a true by side test yet and frankly the real test would be with the 70-200 FE when it comes as the longer focal length will be the most demanding on the system. When I did the runway stuff I shot 95 percent of it with the A7. I just felt it was more accurate and faster. I like having both to be honest even though the A7 sits more, it's there when I need it.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Question for people who own both A7R and A7

Thanks Guy - I agree the long zoom will be the real test. But it's good to hear that so far you think the 7 tracks better.