The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Color version or B&W -- 50mm 1.4 ZA

ryc

Shot with the A99 and 50mm 1.4 ZA Truly amazing piece of glass. well worth the price. Especially when you compare it tto that ridiculous 58mm from Nikon that is on par with the nikon 50mm afs.

iiiNelson

Between the two I think I would prefer B&W but I also think it would be improved by a grittier feel.

Viramati

Well I'm normally a B&W person but in this case both version tell a story. the Colour one gives more emphasis too the damage on the nose and has a real life quality to it though I would clone out the slightly distracting pink dot above his left shoulder. The B&W has a more classic, gritty portrait look. So for me they both work in their own way

arize84

The micro contrast in your images has me really interested in this lens. Does using the lens open up more focus points, beyond the few clustered in the middle? If so, how reliable are those AF points? Thanks.

ryc

thi lens does allow you to use the additional 100 or so focus assist point. however, I use spot wit DMF for minor adjustment if needed.