The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NEX 7 + Zeiss Sonnar FE 55/1.8

Slingers

I have been amazed by the images everyone has posted on here with the FE 55/1.8. Having it on my camera I still went wow at the sharpness it produces. Even though I'm using the best part of the lens on the NEX 7 I have similar thoughts about the 55 to the 35 as when i used them on the A7 and A7R. I find the focussing to be faster and more accurate on the 55 than the 35. Still my camera is the limiting factor in AF tests and not a speed demon. Here are some examples:

f/1.8

f/4.5

f/8

Last edited:
I think a lot of people are wondering the same - myself included. I have it on the A7 and the AF speed is perfectly fine but I'd love to see it work with the high speed AF and tracking that A6000 promises.