The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with A6000

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
A few shots taken along Sixmile Creek with the A6000 FS, no filters.

That is quite something Carl. The embryonic stage of a dinosaur was my spontaneous reaction to this vista. I am sure I was not the only one. Well... let's say I hope so... LOL

scho

That is quite something Carl. The embryonic stage of a dinosaur was my spontaneous reaction to this vista. I am sure I was not the only one. Well... let's say I hope so... LOL
Georg, This tree is right next to the trail so it is clearly visible and although I don't take hallucinogens, I often "see" strange things (including embryonic beasts) here, depending on lighting and my mood. :loco::D

akclimber

A couple from last night: dusk settles over the Mendenhall Glacier. Both images made using the smooth reflection app to get a long exposure effect. For the wide, purple-hued images, the camera shot and stacked 100 frames over a few minutes. This camera is just plain fun (and impressive).

_DSC2168 web by Joe McCabe, on Flickr

_DSC2172 web by Joe McCabe, on Flickr

scho

Two shots using the A6000 FS with hot mirror filter on a Leica R 24mm f/2.8 Elmarit. Enfield creek emerges from the 3.5 mile gorge above and spills out into this pool which is dammed in summer to make a swimming hole. Dam boards are out now and water is very cold, but that didn't stop a group of people from trying a little late season skinny dipping.

Two shot stitch

scho

A6000 FS Zeiss 32mm Touit, no filter, 3 shot stitch. B&W conversion in CS6 using hue/sat and B&W blending layers. (also posted in the IR thread)

scho

The A6000-FS also does full color just fine with a Kolari hot mirror (UV/IR cut) on the lens. Images below all with the Zeiss Touit 12mm, hot mirror filter, auto ISO, AWB.

scho

An afternoon walk along the waterfront with A6000-FS+Zeiss 32mm Touit Planar+Kolari hot Mirror filter.

scho

Another gorgeous fall day and another walkabout with the A6000 FS with Zeiss Touit 32mm Planar+Kolari hot mirror filter. Some downtown scenes this time.

scho

Sony A6000 FS+Kolari Hot Mirror filter with Zeiss 12mm Touit.

Placid Cayuga Lake.

Converted to B&W in Tonality Pro and split toned in LR

Last edited:

frozenbb

Taken on an August morning in Kansas - all hand held. I annoyingly bumped the iso dial before grabbing the first one.

simonclivehughes

Barry Haines

Strangely exactly as Simon above, also taken this afternoon + My first time out with my new A6000! (Early days but I quite like this camera...Much faster AF than the A7R IMO).
This is a close up of just a small part of a terracotta sculpture - ‘The Way of the Cross’ by George Tinworth at Truro Cathedral.
The sculpture was in a rather dirty glass cabinet with lots of reflections all over the glass itself, so I decided to shoot wide open and get in close to throw out of focus all the offending anomalies.
BLENCOMO – Sepia mixed with the original colour...F1.8 320iso Handheld.

scho

Three shots taken through a window using the A6000-FS mounted to the Cambo Actus with a Rodenstock Grandagon-N 90mm f/6.8 lens. First shot with no filter, second with a Kolari hot mirror filter, and third with Kolari 590nm filter. All shot at f/16 ISO 100. Note color differences related to seasonal stage of leaf coloration change.

scho

A few snaps with the A6000 + Zeiss 12mm Touit.

Feeding time.

Wind in the willow

Fall Creek

scho

A few shots of the city park bird patrons using the A6000-FS with Touit 32mm and no filter on lens.

chrisd

Here are a few from a recent visit to Nashville, TN. All shot with the A6000 and SEL1018. First shot handheld, and others were taken on tripod.