The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with A6000

scho

Some ornamental grass that bounced back after being flattened by wet snow earlier this week. A6000-FS, no filter, Leitz 90mm f/4 M-Rokkor at f/5.6.

scho

The Canadians are coming through in waves as the winter sets in up north. A6000FS + Touit 12mm with Kolari hot mirror filter.

frozenbb

Because it's cold outside:

This is a partial profile of U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, as seen on a heavily circulated 1-cent coin. The dramatic lighting was provided by one $.99 LED light. The composite isn't cropped.

scho

Thirsty? For our little canine friends.
A6000FS+Kolari Hot Mirror on Zeiss 12mm Touit

Barry Haines

The A6000 is a marvellous little APS-C camera with it’s super fast AF.
I would never have managed to capture close up this (fidgety) robins eye sharp at f1.8 with the 55mm on my slow by comparison AF A7R, he was hopping all over the place!...Taken yesterday.

PLEASE SEE
ORIGINAL

V

Vivek

The A6000 is a marvellous little APS-C camera with it’s super fast AF.
I would never have managed to capture close up this (fidgety) robins eye sharp at f1.8 with the 55mm on my slow by comparison AF A7R, he was hopping all over the place!...Taken yesterday.
My compliments! I know how difficult these captures are.

You must have learned how to make use of the AF of the A6000 well, Barry. :salute:

[The thread starter abandoned the camera for the reasons it does not (AF) track well. :eek:]

Barry Haines

My compliments! I know how difficult these captures are.

You must have learned how to make use of the AF of the A6000 well, Barry. :salute:

[The thread starter abandoned the camera for the reasons it does not (AF) track well. :eek:]
Thank you Vivek, most appreciated...Your right it wasn't easy!
Cheers Barry

Barry Haines

This uncropped image was the best that I managed to achieve on the day, also at 55mm F1.8 as close and as low as the 24mp camera and lens (+ Robin :LOL: ) would allow me to get!
Stacked in two halves, top & bottom...It’s the kind of image which could easily be turned into a Christmas card.

nostatic

Guy, are you still using an a6000?

The current sale makes it a pretty attractive experiment...

Also - is the kit zoom worth the extra cash? Reviews seem to say no. I've got the FE 35, 55, and 24-70 which I could slap on there.

Last edited:

dandrewk

The kit lens is a bargain, but only if you need it. It's VERY small and has OSS. The quality is about the same as the a7 kit lens. The only thing I don't like about it is the power zoom, but then I don't use if for video.

More from the recent Bali trip

Sprouting Up

Nature vs. Nurture

Bali Seaweed Farm

Top View

Ulun Danu Bratan Temple

Jakarta

Tanah Lot Gathering

Sunset at Tanah Lot Temple (30-sec Panorama)