The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Wedding with the A7

Rawfa

I went to a friends' wedding and had a lot of fun capturing the event with my A7, a Canon FD 50mm 1.4 and a 70-210mm 2.8.

P.S - I went as a guest, not a photographer :D

fotografz

Are you looking for comments or accolades?

Did they have a paid wedding photographer there?

If not, then they were lucky to have you there. :thumbup:

- Marc

johnnygoesdigital

Are you looking for comments or accolades?

Did they have a paid wedding photographer there?

If not, then they were lucky to have you there. :thumbup:

- Marc
I'd say both...

You'd should be paid as those are very nice photos. Great compositions and lighting, especially the the rays of smoky light! I never doubted the Sony A7 for weddings. It's portability and low light performance are perfect! Perhaps you have a new career.

Rawfa

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I've found the 50mm and the 70-210mm to be a great combo, but I'm not sure I would have the nerves to go full manual if I had been hired to photograph the wedding...way too many fast moving subjects. I think the 55mm and the 70-200mm f4 coulld shine here though (I have neither of these)

angstmann

Some fantastic shots, great to see what the A7 and good manual lenses can achieve, as that's how I intend to use my A7 when I finally pull the trigger and get one. No. 13 and 17 are my favourites from your set.