The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7s!

pegelli

With all these a7 threads and wonderful pictures here I've started looking more at them as GAS is kicking in (Gear Acquisition Syndrome ;)).

However what I really want is an a7S-, same sensor/processing train as the a7S but without the expensive video stuff and at a price point at or below the a7. 12 MP is more than OK for me, and if I need more I can still pick up my trusty A850. However at this moment the S is the most expensive of the three a7 versions :(, never realized this.

G43

Hehe.. well a little GAS forms a complete system :)

Perhaps the steep introduction price is not a phenomenon itself. After all it's the latest and sports 4K. The RX1 was also an expensive aquatint when it launched. Had even no EVF and 'only' fixed lens, which I do certainly not mind.

Sony is crazy and who knows what's the next 12MP FF from them?

pegelli

Agree G43, let's hope for a sensible price reduction and/or a cheap 12 MP FF entry model. Until then I guess my NEX6 will have to do.

G43

I got a second hand very well kept sample of the Contax G90 2.8. I have also received the Techart adapter for it.
Now I need to test if the G90 is a good one :)

G43

I checked. I had luck. The lens excels and show no artifacts.

I has a stunning beautiful rendering and is tack sharp.

G43

BTW.. the lens and the 7S gives a nice nostalgic feel to everything. Quirky rattle noise when using AF, that ain't any carpet fall experience either.

Why does the 7S refuse to shoot in manual focus mode with this lens?

G43

Zoran.. I owe you one. You stimulated me well to acquire this little gem. Later on you guided me well through the Ebay traps ... and I succeeded to get a perfect sample.

Thanks Buddy.

ZoranC

Zoran.. I owe you one. You stimulated me well to acquire this little gem. Later on you guided me well through the Ebay traps ... and I succeeded to get a perfect sample.

Thanks Buddy.
You don't owe me anything, I am happy I was able to help you :) but if we ever end up in the vicinity I will not refuse an offer to sit down over some šljivovica :)

Looking forward to the pics from it!

G43

Sliva?.. e e.. No I have something much better than that. That's my own family brew, even healthy causing no brain damage. Ziveli :chug:

G43

OK LOL is over.. I've been shooting around with the G90 and the Techart adapter and learned a bit about, say the corporation.
The AF is a hit or miss which leaves me with manual focus only, which is OK. There's though no focus enlargement working here as an aid to hit the target precisely.
Worse is actually the camera freezes quite often during manual focus.

This lens is fantastic but obviously to old really to adapt to a modern camera like the A7s.

Perhaps I'm handling things wrong here which I hope, otherwise I will await a AF FE 85mm and hope that's another pearl from Sony/Zeiss.