The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7s!

ryc

OK LOL is over.. I've been shooting around with the G90 and the Techart adapter and learned a bit about, say the corporation.
The AF is a hit or miss which leaves me with manual focus only, which is OK. There's though no focus enlargement working here as an aid to hit the target precisely.
Worse is actually the camera freezes quite often during manual focus.

This lens is fantastic but obviously to old really to adapt to a modern camera like the A7s.

Perhaps I'm handling things wrong here which I hope, otherwise I will await a AF FE 85mm and hope that's another pearl from Sony/Zeiss.
Just shoot manual focus with it. They make an adapter that let's you do so. It's a great lens.

ZoranC

OK LOL is over.. I've been shooting around with the G90 and the Techart adapter and learned a bit about, say the corporation.
The AF is a hit or miss which leaves me with manual focus only, which is OK. There's though no focus enlargement working here as an aid to hit the target precisely.
Worse is actually the camera freezes quite often during manual focus.

This lens is fantastic but obviously to old really to adapt to a modern camera like the A7s.

Perhaps I'm handling things wrong here which I hope, otherwise I will await a AF FE 85mm and hope that's another pearl from Sony/Zeiss.
Buddy, that's your adapter you are having issues with. You are not the first one that reported freezes when using TechArt adapter and I have never heard of freezes, nor had one myself, when somebody is using adapters that are not having contacts and "brain" behind them. Just keep it simple like I advised you before when you inquired about adapters, get plain adapter (I am recommending Metabones), shoot manual focus and enjoy that lens.

Speaking of manual focus, I guarantee to you that focus magnification works when using manual focus with non-smart adapter, you just need to engage it manually, all it takes is a press on C1.

G43

Just shoot manual focus with it. They make an adapter that let's you do so. It's a great lens.
Yes.. and I anyhow prefer. But I do not like the camera freezes while focusing before every 5th shot. I have to take the battery out and start up the camera again.

G43

Buddy, that's your adapter you are having issues with. You are not the first one that reported freezes when using TechArt adapter and I have never heard of freezes, nor had one myself, when somebody is using adapters that are not having contacts and "brain" behind them. Just keep it simple like I advised you before when you inquired about adapters, get plain adapter (I am recommending Metabones), shoot manual focus and enjoy that lens.

Speaking of manual focus, I guarantee to you that focus magnification works when using manual focus with non-smart adapter, you just need to engage it manually, all it takes is a press on C1.
Advice taken.. Metabones it is then :salute:

G43

Hmm.. I made some prints this morning based on 7S/35mm FE files and the same scenes shot with my old and half worn out but still working Fuji X100 12 MP.
While the two cameras certainly are different in any way, still nothing I've seen comes up with such gentle and pastel colors as the Fuji.
I have to get myself another newer X100.

Worthless without pics.... yeap, I guess.

Would like to show you here, but my closest family appears on the shots and I've promised not to publish such images.

I will make new ones so you may compare.