The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The new HCam TS Master 14-24mm

mbroomfield

Mike

Superrotation on TS lenses is the independent rotation of shift and tilt to each other.

the Canon TS-E24 V2 or 17mm cannot do this .
Their rotation from tilt to shift is limited to 90 degrees. ....
The V2 Canon 24mm TSE and the 17mm do allow you to rotate the tilt so that it's at any angle, independent of shift. The 24mm TS Samyang/Rokinon does as well.

Stefan Steib

Arne -

We can set the aperture with this adapter, and the precision is electronically controlled with the A7/7r/7s and probably also all Nex: Put the camera to AV and read the open aperture value, then stop down, you´ll be able to get even 1/3 stops if wanted.The interesting part is: because there is no partly transparent mirror involved (as with DSLR´s) this kind of control works perfectly and repeatable, the measurements are 100% exact.

The adapter is also available for MFT, orders are taken.

Greetings from Germany
Stefan

Stefan Steib

Mike

Superrotation on TS lenses is the independent rotation of shift and tilt to each other.

the Canon TS-E24 V2 or 17mm cannot do this .
Their rotation from tilt to shift is limited to 90 degrees. ....QUOTE]

The V2 Canon 24mm TSE and the 17mm do allow you to rotate the tilt so that it's at any angle, independent of shift. The 24mm TS Samyang/Rokinon does as well.
Pease read the full sentence. It works but it is definitely a nuisance compared to a real 360 degree superrotation.

mbroomfield

Well I did read it (and again) so what is it that I'm not understanding? It sees like you're saying "360 degree superrotation" is something other than independent movements. Can you explain please? Also where it is more useful than the type of movement with the 24 v2 TSE for example.

Thanks

Stefan Steib

Hi Mike

have you ever used a superrotator ?

You set your desired angle freely, especially if you want to go diagonally. Shift, set the tilt and do your image.

For a Canon TS-E you will need to rotate the lens when you need to go to the other side especially diagonally. The axis with 2 way shift and tilt and 90 degrees will not help you with that. Try it and you will see.

Regards
Stefan

mbroomfield

Stefan,
OK I have it now. I had to sit down with my 17mm TSE and figure it out. It's never really been a problem for me, hence my stupidity on not understanding ... :)

Thanks

Stefan Steib

No Problem - you´re welcome.
I know it is something not many people do when they use TS lenses, but I am bred and raised with viewcameras and I still have the hope that one day I can do a system that does full staggerfree cardanic movements with front and back rise and falls.

In Fact there already is such a camera-made by Charlie Gfeller/the Constructor of the SinarP2, but it´s a bit large..... :)

GFAE CAPcam - Fully computerized view camera. - YouTube

mbroomfield

Wow that's ... interesting! :)

My interest in using T/S lenses also comes from LF 4x5 and 8x10 use in the distant past. All field cameras though, never technical, and I could never afford the lenses that would have given me large enough coverage to do massive movements.

Hi, I am brand new here, so apologies in advance for any stupid questions :)

So this looks great and in fact, I was looking to order one directly from Mirex before this, so I guess my question is, is this a Mirex or is it somehow different?

Does it come with both the tripod "foot" as well as the "base"? When I originally enquired about the Mirex to Markus, he quoted me 373 Euros with the adapter and the "foot" and then an additional 20 Euros for the "base".

Is this correct? Do you get both the "foot" and the "base" for 395 Euros?

My understanding is that this is what is required for parallex free stitching with this adapter?

Also, you mention that 395 Euros is the price " for this actual version- the rotational device will have some higher price "

Is the "rotational device" a separate adapter all together or is it an add on to this current one? This part goes over my head somewhat but was just wondering how much it is likely to be and just generally wanting some more information on it please..

With regards to a mini viewcamera, I saw this on another post here and was just wondering what you guys thought of it?

sony a7 / GX680 compact technical camera

Not sure if it is ideal for the field (weighs between 1.5 - 2kg) but seems to be pretty cool for use with the Sony A7R. I was thinking probably a Mirex for the field ( I also have a M645 - Eos tilt/shift adapter that I could use in conjunction with this new one ) and them maybe this GX680 for other uses closer to home..

Ok, thanks so much, look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Stefan Steib

Yes the actual adapter is the Mirex as described.

IThink the Camera Chiek has done I quite nice, but it is Big.
So not to be compared with this small solution.
Of course - why not use both !

Greetings from Germany
Stefan

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
slick ****.... LOL! Looks like very good value for money for landscape needs when one wants infinity focus. Fascinating!

Stefan Steib

the new system from the right side.

5mm shift bidirectional in 14mm focal length
10mm shift bidirectional in 18mm focal length
7mm shift bidirectional in 24mm focal length

Quality of the Nikon 14-24mm is well known to be on top of superwideangles, to be compared with the best Zeiss Primes like the 15mm Distagon but with less distortions.

Even shifted and stitched at 14mm you will get about 34x46mm or if used on an HCam-B1 (or an FPS) with an IQ250 a full shot with 14mm focal length.

And yes we are planning to sell the parts separately if needed.
Customer 14-24mm Lenses also to be serviced and modded.
Prices still to be determined

Uaiomex

Stefan: Rumores abound about a possible mirrorless 44X33 Sony with a fixed lens. If a company should provide a service to detach the lens without destroying the camera functions it would turn it effectively into a DB. Have you thought about it?
Congratulations for this device. I'm sure thousands will get one.
Eduardo