Site Sponsors
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The new HCam TS Master 14-24mm

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The new HCam TS Master 14-24mm

We are nearly ready - for more infos please PM me

The new HCam Master TS 14-24mm

because photography is more than technology - and " as we have done this all the time "
    facebook:hcam.de - www.hcam.de - www.hartblei.de
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: The new HCam TS Master 14-24mm

That will be an amazing news if it is true.
    Tareq

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Heck, I think there's a market for the 14-24 without the petal shade on its own!
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

As Oscar Wilde said, "my tastes are simple, I only like the best"

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Interesting concept, but is the image circle of the Nikon zoom really large enough to allow tilt and shift movements? Might work on a NEX body though.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The image circle is huge,allows 10mm shift bidirectional at18mm /full24x36 a bit less at 14 and 24mm tilt is 15degrees.
    We are still working on the details of the clamp, the final version shall have a rotational detachable clamp and the mounts will also be available for MFT, EOS M and Nikon V1.

More to come soon.
    because photography is more than technology - and " as we have done this all the time "
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Aside from adding the clamp, what is the difference between this Nikon G-Nex adapter and your mod? The mechanism looks quite similar at 1st glance.

Kipon Tilt and Shift Adapter for Nikon G Mount Lens to Sony E Mount NEX Camera | eBay

Also available for EOS-M, M43 and Fuji
    Kipon Fuji X-Pro1 X-E1 Mirrorless items in Kipon Tilt Shift Camera Lens Mount Adapter store on eBay!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Kipon does not have a Canon EF to NEX adapter as the one we use here - so - this new Kipon may use apertures with all the AF-S G-ED lenses but not any other mounts !
    By using an EF mount we can use adapters to about any other lenses like PK,OM,Leica R,Nikon,m42,Contax and many more.
    See attached image with a Vivitar 1,2/55mm (Revuenon) which is PK - the sample shown is open aperture 1,2 full 15 degrees tilt.

We use the Original design of Mirex- made in Germany by Mirex
    that was _STOLEN_! by the Chinese, screw by screw and mm by mm.
    But ours got new improvements in the construction, the locks are not springs but real defined positions which you can lock.

And it is light tight, which the Kipon is not.

The bajonett mounts are made by Novoflex now and all the fittings and tolerances are "tight" and smooth.

And finally this adapter is not even (essentially) more expensive than the Kipon, it is 395,-€ now including taxes here in Germany +shipment
    (for this actual version- the rotational device will have some higher price)

Orders are already taken , please contact me by PM.

Greetings from Germany
    Stefan

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Stefan,
    Yes I have the Mirex Mamiya-EOS mount as well as a couple of Kipon's -Nex and it's clear they use the same design. I was not sure if the design was licensed or ripped off. I guess I should not be surprised.

It is smart to go with the Canon so that others can be adapted. Good luck!

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Its early bit confused we can't use a Canon EF mount lens though because no aperture ring correct
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Guy - you could use an EF lens with open aperture or an aperture set by stop down and remove the lens from a Canon body.
    BUT- this is not the purpose of the EF mount here.
    It is much more valuable as a common interface for all kind of further adaptations.

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks Stefan was trying to make it clear in my brain this morning. Looks very nice solution here. Im going to have to figure out how to put one in the bag.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

We can even mount two of these Mirex and get superrotation, plus up to 28mm shift vignette free when using a 1,4x Teleconverter, bringing the exit pupil of the lens more backwards towards the mount.

here a 35mm M645 +Mirex M645-Eos + 1,4x Apo EX DG+Mirex EOS-NEX

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

when you say "rotatable" what with respect to what? are the tilt and shift functions rotatable with respect to each other and the sensor format?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

when you use 2 of these any function can of course be rotated in any angle to the other function- with this you could even shift diagonally and tilt away from it. For our Hartblei´s we call this superrotation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I think time for me to use my Hasselblad V lenses on my Sony then with this adapter.
    Tareq

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

typically i want shift up and down and tilt up and down and want this orientation to work for both portrait and landscape modes. similar to what the Canon TSE-II lenses offer

so i would need two adapters then?

Post Thanks / Like

You'll only be able to mount 2 of them if you use a medium format lens which for wides limits you to the 35mm Pentax and Mamiya 645 lenses (not sure about Hasselblads)

Post Thanks / Like

Come to think of it there are other ways to get "super rotation" using just one of Stefan's new adapters. Aside from the native EF Canon TSE there are several other T/S or just PC lenses that when combined with the adapter will allow the tilt to work with either the lens (which can be rotated) or the adapter shift mechanism. This will even give you 45 degree control which can be useful sometimes.

28mm PC Super Angulon. Very good, stop down for good corners. Comes in different rear mounts which you can still buy (mine was a Leica and I bought a Nikon to use on my D800)
    35mm PC VFC Rokkor. This can be modified to an EF mount but is excellent. It has friction thumbscrews to hold a sliding plate so it can be shifted to any point.
    35mm T/S Canon FD. This can also be modified to an EF mount and is excellent.

35mm PC Zeiss Contax which I've never tried.
    Nikon PC lens (early, not the E type). Never tried
    24mm and 35mm OM shifts. I tried a 24mm on a Nex with a tilt adapter, but even unshift/tilted it was awful. I must have got a lemon though as this is well regarded lens and considered better then the 35
    Could be others as well

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Mike

Superrotation on TS lenses is the independent rotation of shift and tilt to each other.

the Canon TS-E24 V2 or 17mm cannot do this .
    Their rotation from tilt to shift is limited to 90 degrees. you can somehow achieve the movements needed when shifting to the other side rotate the lens and then apply , but that sure is a nuisance. Further if there is no electronics on a combination with a mechanic adapter, it won´t work at all with stop down.

And further:most of the old shift lenses are really not that good at all.
    As you mentioned the famous OM24mm is not really sharp on the corners, worse if shifted. Digitally it´s really not useful.

Regards
    Stefan

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Steib View Post
    The image circle is huge,allows 10mm shift bidirectional at18mm /full24x36 a bit less at 14 and 24mm tilt is 15degrees.
    We are still working on the details of the clamp, the final version shall have a rotational detachable clamp and the mounts will also be available for MFT, EOS M and Nikon V1.

More to come soon.
    Seems rather surpising for a lens not designed for T/S, but if you have tested it, who am I to say otherwise.
    What I would like to see is an adapter to Sony E mount and mFT that allow manually set aperture with reasonable precision. Of course beeing able to rotate tilt and shift independently on separate axes would be required. For this kind of specialized equipment I'd say price, within reason, will hardly be a constraint, if high quality self-locking gears can be implemented for the movements.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike

Superrotation on TS lenses is the independent rotation of shift and tilt to each other.

Their rotation from tilt to shift is limited to 90 degrees. ....
    The V2 Canon 24mm TSE and the 17mm do allow you to rotate the tilt so that it's at any angle, independent of shift. The 24mm TS Samyang/Rokinon does as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Arne -

We can set the aperture with this adapter, and the precision is electronically controlled with the A7/7r/7s and probably also all Nex: Put the camera to AV and read the open aperture value, then stop down, you´ll be able to get even 1/3 stops if wanted.The interesting part is: because there is no partly transparent mirror involved (as with DSLR´s) this kind of control works perfectly and repeatable, the measurements are 100% exact.

The adapter is also available for MFT, orders are taken.

Greetings from Germany
    Stefan

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

[QUOTE=mbroomfield;579959]
    Mike

Their rotation from tilt to shift is limited to 90 degrees. ....QUOTE]

The V2 Canon 24mm TSE and the 17mm do allow you to rotate the tilt so that it's at any angle, independent of shift. The 24mm TS Samyang/Rokinon does as well.
    Pease read the full sentence. It works but it is definitely a nuisance compared to a real 360 degree superrotation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Vielen Dank Stefan, hört sich gut aus, ich muss zwei kaufen, LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I did read it (and again) so what is it that I'm not understanding? It sees like you're saying "360 degree superrotation" is something other than independent movements. Can you explain please? Also where it is more useful than the type of movement with the 24 v2 TSE for example.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Mike

have you ever used a superrotator ?

You set your desired angle freely, especially if you want to go diagonally. Shift, set the tilt and do your image.

For a Canon TS-E you will need to rotate the lens when you need to go to the other side especially diagonally. The axis with 2 way shift and tilt and 90 degrees will not help you with that. Try it and you will see.

Regards
    Stefan

Post Thanks / Like

Stefan,
    OK I have it now. I had to sit down with my 17mm TSE and figure it out. It's never really been a problem for me, hence my stupidity on not understanding ...

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Stefan, any info regarding shipping date? I'm thinking about the Sony E version to begin with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

No Problem - you´re welcome.
    I know it is something not many people do when they use TS lenses, but I am bred and raised with viewcameras and I still have the hope that one day I can do a system that does full staggerfree cardanic movements with front and back rise and falls.

In Fact there already is such a camera-made by Charlie Gfeller/the Constructor of the SinarP2, but it´s a bit large..... :-)

GFAE CAPcam - Fully computerized view camera. - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Arne send me your order details and we can send it to you in the next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that's ... interesting!

My interest in using T/S lenses also comes from LF 4x5 and 8x10 use in the distant past. All field cameras though, never technical, and I could never afford the lenses that would have given me large enough coverage to do massive movements.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thank you Stefan, I'll get back to you as soon as I've returned from the Easter holidays!

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Possibly it would help to have a video to show the features in action? I would love to see that!
    I am not a painter, nor an artist. Therefore I can see straight, and that may be my undoing. - Alfred Stieglitz

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I am brand new here, so apologies in advance for any stupid questions

So this looks great and in fact, I was looking to order one directly from Mirex before this, so I guess my question is, is this a Mirex or is it somehow different?

Does it come with both the tripod "foot" as well as the "base"? When I originally enquired about the Mirex to Markus, he quoted me 373 Euros with the adapter and the "foot" and then an additional 20 Euros for the "base".

Is this correct? Do you get both the "foot" and the "base" for 395 Euros?

My understanding is that this is what is required for parallex free stitching with this adapter?

Also, you mention that 395 Euros is the price " for this actual version- the rotational device will have some higher price "

Is the "rotational device" a separate adapter all together or is it an add on to this current one? This part goes over my head somewhat but was just wondering how much it is likely to be and just generally wanting some more information on it please..

With regards to a mini viewcamera, I saw this on another post here and was just wondering what you guys thought of it?

sony a7 / GX680 compact technical camera

Not sure if it is ideal for the field (weighs between 1.5 - 2kg) but seems to be pretty cool for use with the Sony A7R. I was thinking probably a Mirex for the field ( I also have a M645 - Eos tilt/shift adapter that I could use in conjunction with this new one ) and them maybe this GX680 for other uses closer to home..

Ok, thanks so much, look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yes the actual adapter is the Mirex as described.

IThink the Camera Chiek has done I quite nice, but it is Big.
    So not to be compared with this small solution.
    Of course - why not use both !

Greetings from Germany
    Stefan

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Of course - why not use both !
    That was such a GetDPI comment....
    I am not a painter, nor an artist. Therefore I can see straight, and that may be my undoing. - Alfred Stieglitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Come on Beni - to be gear crazy is the most noble form of madness..... :-)
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Subscriber Member Georg Baumann's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

slick ****.... LOL! Looks like very good value for money for landscape needs when one wants infinity focus. Fascinating!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

the new system from the right side.

5mm shift bidirectional in 14mm focal length
    10mm shift bidirectional in 18mm focal length
    7mm shift bidirectional in 24mm focal length

Quality of the Nikon 14-24mm is well known to be on top of superwideangles, to be compared with the best Zeiss Primes like the 15mm Distagon but with less distortions.

Even shifted and stitched at 14mm you will get about 34x46mm or if used on an HCam-B1 (or an FPS) with an IQ250 a full shot with 14mm focal length.

And yes we are planning to sell the parts separately if needed.
    Customer 14-24mm Lenses also to be serviced and modded.
    Prices still to be determined

Post Thanks / Like

Stefan: Rumores abound about a possible mirrorless 44X33 Sony with a fixed lens. If a company should provide a service to detach the lens without destroying the camera functions it would turn it effectively into a DB. Have you thought about it?
    Congratulations for this device. I'm sure thousands will get one.
    Eduardo

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Eduardo

yes - I see the storm coming. And as a realist I have hoisted my sails for the wind to use !

The smaller formats are the future.

Regards
    Stefan
    Last edited by Stefan Steib; 23rd April 2014 at 07:50.
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Eduardo

yes - I see the storm coming. And as a realist I have hoisted my sails for the wind to use !
    Stefan
    i like your attitude Stefan - wish you fair winds .. and strong sails

i like your product too .. will buy it as soon as i "re-possess" the bank!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Stefan,

I think I may be able to help clarify what exactly you’re planning to offer, but I still have some questions about it. Perhaps a list of statements and questions will help. You can let us know which are correct and which are incorrect.

1) You are offering to perform a modification to people’s 14-24 lenses, where you remove the petal hood part and replace it with a hoodless cylindrical part custom made by Nikon (identical paint, for example), in order to accommodate shifting without vignetting. (as shown in your pictures) But you mention both service and modification. Service?

2) As flare situations might be aggravated (evidently this is an issue with the 17 TS-E, not sure how much or in what ways exactly), it would be good to have some basic advice on this issue and how it works, because new flare for non-shift usage or future repurposing may cause a lens owner to want to go back to having the hood. I assume that the front element needs to be removed to replace the outer portion of the lens barrel. I see from the picture that the retaining ring for the front element is screwed into the outer body/ring of the lens barrel so that must be the issue. Partial disassembly. The rear surface of the front element of this lens, the one with the most radical curvature, required the nano-crystal coating, a fantastically effective but also fantastically fragile surface, so that surface would be exposed during the modification. (As an aside, this coating, which can and is only used on a few critical air-glass surfaces such as this one, where light entering the element at an extremely high angle of incidence must be able to get through, is fantastically effective, essentially resulting in flat pieces of glass being invisible. The coating is anything but smooth on a microscopic scale.) The front element might then also require a critical optical re-centering.

3) It sounds as though you are designing a special version of Markus’ EOS to NEX/FE T/S adapter which uses interchangeable camera mounts made by Novoflex, so that the entire setup can be used with an a7R or other A7 family/FE mount camera, or any of the other smaller formats you mentioned (taking into consideration the improvements in sensor performance which are tending to make smaller sensors viable for fine work).

4) You have the Novoflex Nikkor G to EOS 2.5 mm thick adapter between the Nikkor G lens (14-24 in this example) and the Mirex EOS to NEX/FE (etc.) adapter, which includes the movable lever to set the aperture. This lever moves a total of only about 7 mm but nevertheless allows good control over aperture, even in a fairly quantitative way, if you count f/stops using the camera’s light meter readouts. The lever impinges on a movable piece on the back of the lens. It’s fortunate that the Nikkor G lenses are unlike the EOS lenses in this respect, the EOS being all-electronic.

5) Your special version of the new Mirex (original version only started shipping a few months ago, and which like a number of the Mirex adapters is not shown on their site) would also be intended for use with a new collar-type mounting foot of your design, much sturdier than the Novoflex ASTAT collared foot, which isn’t very sturdy, indeed, as reported by others and as I can tell by looking at pictures of it. And that would mean that the outer frame, the front piece of the Mirex would loose it’s foot-mounting feature (protrusion) and become entirely cylindrical, to accommodate your rotatable collar. There could also be a modification to keep the collar aligned well the Mirex, such as a groove or a ridge.

6) This collar would rotate freely so as to allow the Mirex shift movements (which move up to 15 mm from the axis in one line only (left and right or up and down, etc.) in 1 mm steps, not restricted to one direction from the axis, like the Schneider T/S lenses for example)

7) One hopes the collar would help to achieve precisely zero and 90 degree positions so as to have the sensor be straight relative to the top of the tripod head. You could use engraved and painted alignment marks or a more positive (detent) approach.

8) The point of the rotatable collar is to avoid the need to use an L-plate with the Mirex foot, to switch to Rise/Fall from Shift/Shift. Currently one can use the Acratech Universal L-plate or one of the Hejnar universal plates (made from your choice of lengths of each side of the L), or even the Arca-Swiss universal-style adjustable L-bracket. But having a good rotating collar is most convenient and stiff. And then there’s the worst way, just turning the tripod head 90 degrees.

9) Have you found any other lenses by Nikon or another vendor (the Nikkor T/S lenses can’t work, and as you explained, the Canon TS-E’s can only work wide open or if stopped down using a Canon body) which have usable image circles large enough to do shifting on the Mirex EOS to NEX/FE T/S adapter? Any shifting at all with good quality to the corners? For some things, e.g. a vertical sensor with tilt, a shift of just 2 or 3 mm each way, left and right, would give you 28 x 36 or a bit wider, instead of 24 x 36 capture (from two frames), which makes a much nicer vertical 4 x 5 equivalent than a cropped 24 x 36, with about 42 MP instead of 30.

So little is known about usable image circles of 35mm format lenses, other than the T/S lenses, because no one has had the means to examine them until you built your Hartblei Cam and until Markus built the new Mirex adapters to go from EOS (as the universal donor of lens mounts) to the new Sony full-frame format. So this will be an interesting area of discovery, and indeed, the MTF data for the 14-24 from Nikon, wide open are very encouraging at the wide end and the long end both, so we hope that the outer region of the lens at the various focal lengths holds up well enough to be satisfactory too, at least at the smaller apertures when shifted as far as you are saying. More comments on this critical issue (acknowledging lens to lens variation as a likely significant issue) would be welcome, of course, along with corner image samples. I know it’s a lot of work to try to explain that in a clear way, but the entire premise depends on that performance being acceptable (whatever that may be for a given photographer and a given picture).

10) I am quite baffled by the 1.4X tele-extender. You’ve got an older, manual aperture Mamiya 35mm, is it? on a Mamiya 645 to EOS T/S Mirex (no foot is possible on this adapter, insufficient space), itself attached to a “1.4x EX” extender, presumably a Mamiya tele-extender?, itself connected to the EOS to NEX Mirex T/S adapter. This strikes me as a combination very likely to have any of many issues, from this particular lens not being great (I’m not sure — my Mamiya 35 AF is quite good but the older 45 Man. Focus Mamiya lenses were not usable though the newer 45 AF lenses are), to the extender not being great even if it were connected normally to the back of the lens (I don’t imagine a Mamiya 1.4X would have been intended for that lens in any case), etc. Perhaps small apertures and close-in work would look fine though, flare issues possibly excepted.

By the way, there are a couple of surfaces on the inside of my Mirex P645 to EOS T/S adapter which I believe are the sources of potential significant flare. Not the obvious ones which face the lens when a shift is applied, rather surfaces which are oriented as a throat would be, like the walls of a square tube. Surfaces which are of inconsistent width, but only about ¼” wide at the widest. I am considering adding ProtoStar black furry flocking material to them in a very delicate operation. Many subjects work fine for a vertical sensor triple-shift capture with my Mirex as it is now, but some might encounter this flare and have un-retouchable (un-repairable) results owing to subject matter and nearby light sources.

So then, despite the positioning of the tele-extender roughly 20mm behind the rear of the Mamiya lens instead of right against it, you can still focus at infinity with this double-Mirex setup? And is the extender the only way to make a double Mirex setup work fairly well, what with light path vignetting issues and flare issues? This is surely one of those things that simply must be tried to find out how it works. Too complicated to predict!

11) You mentioned a large area net capture, all from shift stitching, done with the 14-24: “Even shifted and stitched at 14mm you will get about 34x46mm”. Did you mean 34 x 36mm? 34 x 46 is impossible with an all-shifting approach. Besides, it wouldn’t cover if it were (if the limit is 5 mm in any given direction). The Mirex cannot position the center of the sensor both up and to the left, or up and to the right of the optical axis (nor down and left or down and right). It can only go to the left or right, or rotated, it can go up or down, but never both at the same time, unless you were using two Mirex’s stacked atop one other, and were using then a medium-format lens, not a Nikkor or other 35mm format lens. So I can picture a cross-shaped stitched image, where shifts were done left-right, then the setup rotated and rise/fall captures also done, but not a rectangular stitched image resulting from shifting movements in two axes at once.

So, if I understand you correctly, what you are offering is an improved Mirex solution (switchable camera-side adapters and a sturdy, rotatable collar for mounting to the tripod without parallax and the ease-of-use benefits of foot mounting (tilt does not shift the composition much at all, weight balance is improved) with rotatable Mirex with the ability to more easily switch from shift/shift plus tilt, to rise/fall plus swing, easier than with an L-plate and stiffer too. Plus the Nikkor modification which enables a very flexible, good way to get superwide results with those movements, given the happy accident of big coverage.

Right?

12) Oh! One more thing: You mentioned a change to the way the Mirex locks. I must presume you were referring to the tilt, because the shift already locks at 1 mm increments (sawtooth mechanism). I didn’t mention the other great benefit of using a tripod foot with the Mirex, which is that it removes nearly all force from the weight of the lens or camera on the tilt locking mechanism, thus making medium to large lenses usable on a Mirex. This is because the axis of rotation of the Mirex tilt runs right through the middle of the camera, very close to the sensor, and thus also close to the center of gravity of the camera. Still, moving the camera left and right for a shift stitch requires that one lock the tilt, lest one’s hands disturb the tilt angle. A more positive tilt lock would be an improvement, but the increments of tilt must remain extremely fine. I can manage about a quarter degree of tilt increment, if that, I forget, but the infinitely adjustable feature of the tilt would need either a gear drive (probably impossible to squeeze in) or tilt angle steps which would need to be so fine if they were some kind of detent as to be impossible, I would have thought.

Thanks very much Stefan. I look forward to seeing what you and Markus come up with for the new collared foot. This does all sound like a promising combination, given the changes I <think> I understand you to be working on.

Best,

Joseph Holmes

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Joseph

Yes , there is still a way to go with it, thus I wrote we are "Nearly" ready.
    The actual combination is ready to use, I do and some others do (did you see the results I achieved with the 1,2/55mm 10 degrees tited ? :-)

I have a motto about things that cannot be done:
    I am the photographic Bumblebee that flies without taking care much about theory, everyone told me an HCam could not exist, now even Alpa builds one.....

The Teleconverter you see there is a Sigma 1,4x Apo EX, which is quite astonishing , having a much more flat build and a huge usable image circle.
    The 35mm was for Photo purposes, the test I have done with the usable 28mm shift was with the 120mm Mamiya 645 Macro - I was joking with a friend in Zürich when I showed him the adapter and I said in theory we could even try to put 2 Mirexes and the 1,4x and the 120 together and when we shifted it and there was no end of image circle coming our both jaws dropped to the floor....
    And yes - of course you can focus to infinity with this.
    We also tested this setup with the 1,4x,Mirex Eos->Emount with a Voigtländer Apo Lanthar Macro 125, the results were beautiful !

Just to show what others are doing - here from my Partner PPL who does our TS-E Clamps for the HCam for us:

Only the sky is the limit, phantasy rulez now Joseph.
    I know some optical specialists rotate with medium rpm around their brains now, but really - I´ll go on trying !

Post Thanks / Like

Hi to everyone,
    Am just wondering if anyone had an update on this project?

I have contacted Stefan Steib but have not heard back from him, so thought maybe someone else may have an update?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Joel

I had answered you first on 8th of May, then on 23th of May.
    We are very close to get ready now, nearly all parts are done, I think I will have first Image and a pricing next 7-14 days.

Regards
    Stefan

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Stefan,
    Thanks for that, yes you had replied but I was left uncertain as to whether the "Mirex" adapter part of this package was available, as you had said the "actual version" was available and was 395 Euros..

My emails after that were simply to clarify what this meant.

Anyway, good to hear that more details will be available soon. Look forward to it!

Best Regards

Joel

Post Thanks / Like

I think I will have first Image and a pricing next 7-14 days.
    Even shifted and stitched at 14mm you will get about 34x46mm or if used on an HCam-B1 (or an FPS) with an IQ250 a full shot with 14mm focal length.
    Please don't forget to post sample images taken with the B1 (FPS)-14-24mm combination :-)

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Can I use it on Leica WATE Tri-elmar 16-18-21 ??
    Leica | Angenieux | Alpa | Hasselblad | Phase One
    www.raymondchak.com

Post Thanks / Like

No, the M lenses are too close to the body at infinity to use these T/S adapters which work well with many SLR lenses.