The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New "Review" of Sony A7R for Landscape

Mark K

Glanced the review...well written with many useful tips as how to reduce the shutter vibration simply by adding a grip

philip_pj

Not bad. He looked at the well-publicised complaints for himself and found they did not amount to much in the final analysis - large prints in his case. It does illustrate the steep learning curve old-brand pros are on with the a7r, something easy to overlook at times. Different sets of workarounds, but from the background of superb image quality, not user preferences and marginal quibbles.

He also makes good mention of the fact that high resolution sensors boost the performance of all half decent lenses, total image quality being a multiplication function. With prints that size being a key part of his business he could invest in the 'back country light' FE55 for a real surprise.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Good review but honestly everything we have talked about at length already and I do agree with most of his comments as I came to similar conclusions. For me though just nice to see another Pro confirm what I already learned. I did pick up a tip which I know would be kind of fun for Michael as I always like when folks pick up on my comments. The DRO setting for the EVF. Sounds interesting. Nice balanced review and kudos to him.