The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony 20mm any good

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Thanks Michael. Trying to sell my Rokinon 14mm and Sony adapter today but no one seems to want it. Bummer is I need that sold before I leave in the morning. anyone interested make me a offer. There both brand new condition and the 14mm is really nice just to big to travel with. B&H has a used 20mm that I can grab when I am there

Guy Mancuso

I did grab a used 20mm at BH yesterday just waiting for the rain to stop and shoot more with it but looks promising. I'll post images after I get home. Did not bring laptop on this trip. I'm traveling light

How are you liking it Guy?

I just took delivery of a $299 Minolta version and I am shocked at how good it is in the corners on the A7. Excellent.

The mustache distortion inherent in this lens is handled nicely by the LR profile so I'm all in with this lens for my intended action subjects (not landscape or architecture).

Guy Mancuso

Its actually not bad at all. Ill get some images up soon. I been pretty busy with shooting lately which is a good thing. LOL

here are 2 shots I did in NY

Guy Mancuso

No I use C1 but I did not correct the distortion with PT lens plugin which I usually use. These where processed quickly

chrisd

I picked up a B+W 10-stop ND filter for use with the SAL20f28. Here is one from the first set I shot with it last weekend. Lightly cropped to correct the perspective distortion. Composition is nothing special, but technically it looks like the 20mm and the ND will play nicely together.

gurtch

Here are some shot with the Minolta 20mm, LAE-4 adapter, and A7R. The lens is excellent; it is the same as the Sony 20mm.
Dave in NJ

I've posted this in other threads but here they are agin for anyone researching this lens - these came from the Minolta 20/2.8 on the LA-EA4

iiiNelson

Nah... I missed them but I have a lot of friends who were at them last summer or the summer before last.