The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Does contrast matter?

Rawfa

This may sound like a dumb question but bear with me. Taking in consideration that cameras like the A6000, the A7 and such partially base their AF systems on contrast, if I dial down the contrast on my selected picture profile to -3 will the AF be less effective? The reason I´m asking is that even though I shoot raw, I usually use either the "portrait" or "neutral" picture style with everything dialed to -3.

Leigh

The AF sensors should evaluate information directly from the sensor array.

This would be data before it's massaged by your preference settings.

- Leigh

bipbip

The reason I´m asking is that even though I shoot raw, I usually use either the "portrait" or "neutral" picture style with everything dialed to -3.
Likewise, only I have the screen show me black and white too. Besides being mostly a BW shooter anyway, I find the red peaking easier to see quickly like this.