Site Sponsors

Thread: Camera Bag for Sony A7R Kit

Post Thanks / Like

Camera Bag for Sony A7R Kit

I thought I would pass along the benefits of my rather time consuming search for a camera bag for my Sony A7R kit that would meet four goals:

1. VERY light weight.
    2. As small as possible, yet provide quick and convenient access to the camera body with a mounted lens and two additional lenses. The FE 24-70mm zoom, the FE 55 f/1.8 and the FE 70-200mm zoom.
    3. The ability to store the A7R with the 70-200 zoom mounted on the body, or alternatively store the 70-200 zoom separately. This is important to me as I would not want to be forced into changing lenses in order to store the gear.
    4. Comfortable to use for walking around a city while traveling.

The bag that I finally found that meets the goals for me is the Lowepro Transit Sling 250AW at 1.7 pounds.
    hcubell
    www.howardcubell.com
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Camera Bag for Sony A7R Kit

That's looking good, Howard.
    But under 3: can you easily store an other camera+lens combination without completely rearranging the padding ?

TIA

Kind regards.
    Bart ...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Knorp View Post
    That's looking good, Howard.
    But under 3: can you easily store an other camera+lens combination without completely rearranging the padding ?

TIA

Kind regards.
    Yes, I can leave the 70-200 zoom on the camera or leave another lens on the camera and still store the 70-200 zoom in the bag without rearranging the padding. This is critical for me.
    hcubell
    www.howardcubell.com
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Good bag. Bought one for my last visit to Japan last March-April. Wanted a smaller sling bag and thought on receipt that it may be too small. It turned out to be perfect, could carry A7, FE 28-70mm, E10-18 mm, and FE 35mm, plus a tripod, kindle (with camera manuals and travel PDFs), and assorted camera gear. At times I would carry a (wife's) NEX-7 and 16-70mm in the top part. We didn't tell friends or relatives in Japan we were coming and traveled around the country on a 3 week rail pass with that and a carry on bag. What a trip, and the perfect bag for it.