The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Soft release for A7/r

iiiNelson

Only the silver is in stock currently. The red and black (I prefer black) are both out of stock though.

Don Libby

Call me crazy but I ordered the silver (only complete in stock) and added a black and red button. Even with all that it's still cheaper than anything else I ever order when I had the M9. Great find - tip of the day to Ben!

iiiNelson

I was just about to order then I began to read and they are introducing more designs in the future. I think I'll wait for a concave design.

JoelM

I bought the black and it has shipped. Hope to have it in a few days. Bloody bargain if the adhesive works well and I like the way you can change buttons. Clever and affordable.

Joel

Don Libby

Got the kit a couple days ago and put it on; just forgot to mention it here. Impressed with the packaging and instruction are straight forward. Be prepared for little, and I do mean little parts and pieces to handle. The button makes the shutter release slightly taller which might be a problem with smaller hands. I honestly can't tell you if I feel all that much of a difference but will continue with it in the meantime.

I'll see if I can't post a pic of it installed soon.

Don

Ben Rubinstein

Got mine today, letting the glue set for a day before screwing the button on as per the instructions. Nicely packaged, looks like a quality item. I like the fact they send two screws and an added rubber gasket.

Godfrey

I know people seem to love these soft releases, but I just don't get on with them. To me, they assist me in jiggling the camera more—I've tried them on several occasions, just didn't work.

I use the finger guard around a shutter release to rest my finger on and gently roll my finger onto the release button ... zero shake that way. Somehow holding my finger above the release and trying to push straight down, no matter what kind of soft release is there, makes me move the camera a lot more.

Not trying to start a controversy, I am just very curious as to why others find these things so desirable.

G

Ben Rubinstein

It's a delight for me under the finger. The stock sony release on the A7/r is awful, hard to find and with no feeling. I had a rubber button stuck to it which did help but this is another world. Shot a couple of pictures of my wife with son asleep on her this afternoon, it was just a pleasure to feel under my finger.

Ben Rubinstein

Some guy on fm had his strap caught on the soft release and it took the shutter button with it.
You freaking jinxed me! Guess what happened to me tonight. Took the camera out of my bag. No shutter button. Actually the aluminium is just a shell, there is still a button underneath. The shell snapped back on easily enough and doesn't pull off easily. If it happens again I'll have it glued on permanently by my local shop.

dwood

Think I might have to try one of these out. And camera straps? Can't stand 'em...don't use 'em.