The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Automated Interval Bracketing with the A7

jfzander

Any idea how I could automate a bracketing sequence every minute with the Sony A7?. For Canon this could be done with the tc 80n3.

Annna T

Any idea how I could automate a bracketing sequence every minute with the Sony A7?. For Canon this could be done with the tc 80n3.
Sony has issued a Timelapse app for the camera. You first have to subscribe to their play memory site, hook your camera body to a computer and after paying about 10$ you can install it to your camera (more or less like a firmware update).

The first comments about it were not very positive, but the last version has improved stability and added a custom option where you can shoot raw and define all other parameters, like interval, duration, aperture, shutter speed etc.

The standard modes include standard, cloudy, sunrise, sunset, nightlight, etc. and automatically produce a little movie. You get no still pictures it is all done in camera.

I have not yet tested the custom mode, because my HDDs are too clogged for the moment and I didn't want to add 1500 raws at 36meg each..

The cloudy mode and night mode work well. The sunrise mode is more tricky (the color temperature came out way too neutral and as the luminosity changes so drastically it didn't work too well.

Here is a link to that app

And here a how to video : http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hvmdkXP2M9s

jfzander

Sony has issued a Timelapse app for the camera. You first have to subscribe to their play memory site, hook your camera body to a computer and after paying about 10$ you can install it to your camera (more or less like a firmware update).

The first comments about it were not very positive, but the last version has improved stability and added a custom option where you can shoot raw and define all other parameters, like interval, duration, aperture, shutter speed etc.

The standard modes include standard, cloudy, sunrise, sunset, nightlight, etc. and automatically produce a little movie. You get no still pictures it is all done in camera.

I have not yet tested the custom mode, because my HDDs are too clogged for the moment and I didn't want to add 1500 raws at 36meg each..

The cloudy mode and night mode work well. The sunrise mode is more tricky (the color temperature came out way too neutral and as the luminosity changes so drastically it didn't work too well.

Here is a link to that app : https://www.playmemoriescameraapps.com/portal/usbdetail.php?eid=IS9104-NPIA09014_00-000003
Thank you Annna, I do have the App. However, it does only single frame shooting, no bracketing. Timelapse doesn't do the job.

I am looking for a solution for interval frames, with a bracketing option. The Canon remote cable control can do that.

Annna T

Thank you Annna, I do have the App. However, it does only single frame shooting, no bracketing. Timelapse doesn't do the job.

I am looking for a solution for interval frames, with a bracketing option. The Canon remote cable control can do that.
Sorry, I wasn't enough attentive and missed the bracketing part.