The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Contax G lenses

philber

I own G28, 45 and 90. The 28 has too many issueson my A7R to be useable. The 45 and 90, for my taste are not a perfect match for the cam. The übercontrasty rendering is just a bit over the top for my taste. I prefer the somewhat milder drawing style of Leica R. Obviously, prices and size/weight are in the G's favor, and now AF as well.

danlindberg

I have a G45 and G90 unused for decades. I'm only guessing but I think they would render nicely for black & white shooting in combination with A7R with their natural contrasty draw.
Marc....indeed, never sell anything :eek:

philber

For that price point, you can get some pretty good Olympus glass that also works very well, in almost opposite ways...

ZoranC

I don't care about AF adapter for Contax G lenses, I prefer using them with manual one, but for those that are interested in G lenses due to it I must say I am absolutely in love with G90 on my A7R, I find results from it stunning starting from wide open.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
See, NEVER sell anything!:ROTFL:

I had the entire set of Contax G lenses, including the zoom, all in black. The 45 is the stand-out lens, and the 35 is bit harder to find, if I recall correctly.

- Marc
:thumbs: ditto. I had the full set in black too, although the 16mm was silver. Did they ever do a black version? Also all the hoods and two black G2 bodies.

Great system. I should never ever have sold them :facesmack:

I had the standard trinity in black - sold the 28mm and 45mm, kept the 90mm. The 28 isn't spectacular on the A7(r) so I went with the M-Rokkor 28mm. The 45mm is nice but again, the M-Rokkor 40mm is smaller, has more character and I prefer the tab focusing.

If I could do it again, knowing the Techart adapter would keep improving I might have held onto the 45mm.

Ocean

Senior Subscriber Member
The G28 works well on my NEX 5N for me but has problems in the edge/corner areas with A7/r. I still have a fully functioned Contax G2 film camera so I will keep my G21/28/35/45/90 lenses.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well I have seen the 90 mm on eBay for a pretty low cost. Might just be fun to have. Usually those focal lengths can be big and to get smaller that calls up Leica M glass which can be pretty costly. This looks very nice indeed plus you get AF which given the long focal length might be nice to have on board.