Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A7r Crop Mode Vs A6000

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: A7r Crop Mode Vs A6000

Quote Originally Posted by shamanrawb View Post
    I know I'm reviving an old thread, but I had a question, or more specifically, needed some confirmation.

I currently have an A6000 and added a nice range of lenses. The kit lenses, 16-55mm, 50-210mm. The 50mm Prime 1.8f, the 35mm Macro 3.5f, and the Samyang 12mm F2 'Astro' lens.

I'm considering the reasons to upgrade to the A7R, and after seeing this thread, am thinking maybe it would be a good idea to sell the A6000, get the A7R body, and keep using my lenses until I can sell them/afford to replace them with FF lenses. Based on what I'm reading, I won't lose anything by doing this, but will be better setup to just focus on getting the FF lenses over time. Then, these lenses can be used when I'm ready to upgrade to the A7Rii.

Does all of that sound right?
    Appreciate any input.

Thanks all,
    Rob
    Also beware that the A7r only has contrast detect; it is not an hybrid focusing camera, as it doesn't have those focus helping pixels on the sensor. Focusing is one of the strong points of the A6000, if you get an A7r, you will not be able to focus moving target, like playing children. Well you can prefocus or you will get a lot of missed opportunities. If you are mainly a landscape photographer, you will be OK.

In order to keep the same reactivity of focusing, you should either keep your A6000 for those occasions, along with the A7r, or go directly to the A7r2 and skip the A7r.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A7r Crop Mode Vs A6000

Quote Originally Posted by shamanrawb View Post
    ... , am thinking maybe it would be a good idea to sell the A6000 ...

Does all of that sound right?
    The rest, yes. Selling the a6000 no. You won't get much for it and it's too good a camera to let go, believe me.