The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony A7/r shutter count

johnnygoesdigital

I tried the usual options for determining the shutter count, such as the schema folder in PS and the websites that offer this feature, but no luck. I did however, look at the sequence in my LR folder and was curious if this can be considered accurate?

horshack

I tried the usual options for determining the shutter count, such as the schema folder in PS and the websites that offer this feature, but no luck. I did however, look at the sequence in my LR folder and was curious if this can be considered accurate?
Sony embeds the shutter count for A7/A7r raws in the EXIF info. You can read it via exiftool.

Jonas

Sony embeds the shutter count for A7/A7r raws in the EXIF info. You can read it via exiftool.
I learned that yesterday and had no luck. It turned out I was looking at DNG files. ARW files worked. (Or I was temporarely blinded by the amount of data EXIFTools throws at you and missed it.) Fwiw.

Stiffwin

Hi - is this listed as 'Image count' and 'Image count 2' by exiftool? Do you know what Image count 2 references?

Stiffwin

Can anyone tell me if the shutter count for the A7r is listed as 'Image Count' by EXIFtool?
And what the difference is between 'Image Count' and 'Image Count 2"?
Cheers
Steve

horshack

Can anyone tell me if the shutter count for the A7r is listed as 'Image Count' by EXIFtool?
And what the difference is between 'Image Count' and 'Image Count 2"?
Cheers
Steve
It is the shutter count. I'm not sure what 'Image Count 2' represents but in all my A7r and A7 images 'Image Count' and 'Image Count 2' hold the same value.