The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony techcam examples

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
Greetings,

can I suggest that example pictures of "Sony techcam evolutions", be it Chiek's ingenious adaptation or the newly announced Cambo Actus or others are shown here in this thread?

I am very interested to see the first examples and read about personal experiences.

Just an idea...

Best
Georg

chiek

I'm 1st tester.

sigma 12-24 lens set to 24mm.
2 shot stitched.
original pixels are 8900 x 7300 px

another day shot,
Gallery interior

MF nikkor 20mm lens
approx 5mm up shift.

chiek

I was very busy on my job.

Resort Room interior shot

No post production, all files are sigma 12-24.

I think a half of my works are made by this 680/a7 camera. the others are still MFDB.

Last edited:
Hi Chiek, good job with your camera. I just wish I had a set up like that.
One comment though is that the lens in not a good performer or at least without doing some software corrections. The second image that you show, the gallery interior, is got barrel distortion.
Maybe in a near future you can set me up with one of your cameras.
ACH

chiek

Goldmund Showroom Renewal in Seoul.

12-24 sigma lens set to F11.
very easy perspective control and large live view with ipad.

scho

Just received the Cambo Actus today from CI. Just as Steve described in his blog. A beautiful, well constructed little view camera. Smooth and positive movements, easy setup and a joy to use with the A7R. So far I've only tried it with the Hasselblad 60mm CF (still need to try the 40, 80, and 120), Nikkor sw 65mm f/4 and Rodenstock 100mm Sironar S LF lenses. The Hassy 60, Nikkor 65, and Rodenstock 100 all work fine. I just did a quick 6 shot pano (camera in landscape orientation) using rise/fall and L/R shift with the Rodenstock 100 and then stitched in AutoPanoPro. More to come.

Original, 103 MP, link here

scho

Just received the Cambo Actus today from CI. Just as Steve described in his blog. A beautiful, well constructed little view camera. Smooth and positive movements, easy setup and a joy to use with the A7R. So far I've only tried it with the Hasselblad 60mm CF (still need to try the 40, 80, and 120), Nikkor sw 65mm f/4 and Rodenstock 100mm Sironar S LF lenses. The Hassy 60, Nikkor 65, and Rodenstock 100 all work fine. I just did a quick 6 shot pano (camera in landscape orientation) using rise/fall and L/R shift with the Rodenstock 100 and then stitched in AutoPanoPro. More to come.

Original, 103 MP, link here
A few more sample shots using the Actus.

chiek

Chiek - what software are you using for your iPad live view from the Sony? Thanks
it is default software, smart remote control.
must needs upgrade. first version has very poor function.

the last has better function but i am not satisfied yet.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
FYI folks. Thought this might be of interest for Sony folks. I will be reviewing the new Cambo Aptus view camera with my A7r. Not sure what lenses they are sending but should be a interest for many I hope.

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
FYI folks. Thought this might be of interest for Sony folks. I will be reviewing the new Cambo Aptus view camera with my A7r. Not sure what lenses they are sending but should be a interest for many I hope.
Time to get that hammer out and slaughter the piggy bank, you will not let that unit go back would be my prediction. :D

Very nice, looking forward to that Guy!

jlm

Workshop Member
from what i have seen, the actus looks like a very fine device. the issues will be what lenses work well with shifts and tilts and what lenses fit between the standard and the camera.

chiek

Infiniti QX60 Hybrid commercial shot.

Nikkor MF25-50, 45mm set with 5mm up shift. F16, 1/2sec. ISO 800 (?)

yatlee

Having played with the Actus for a few days, here are few quick observation. All the movement are super smooth. I love the magnetic hood attachment and wish my Linhof techno has something similar. The camera is very light, but feel really solid on a tripod or even handheld. I tried the Actus with Schneider 47mm XL large format lens (non-digital), the Rodenstock 50mm HR and the Nikon 14-24 (by holding in front of the camera). If I were to have one, the Rodenstock 50mm and Nikon 14-24mm are the lenses to go with the camera.

Hi Yatlee,
Just wondering, I was under the impression that the Cambo Actus can not accept either Canon Eos or Nikon mount lenses..

Just wondering why you mention using the Nikon 14-24mm lens?

As far as I know, it is not able to be used on this camera right?

yatlee

Hi Yatlee,
Just wondering, I was under the impression that the Cambo Actus can not accept either Canon Eos or Nikon mount lenses..

Just wondering why you mention using the Nikon 14-24mm lens?

As far as I know, it is not able to be used on this camera right?
"By holding the lens in front of the camera"