The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Zeiss 12mm E lens on A6000. Issue

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Okay shooting raw here than in Lightroom and even the jpegs I am seeing some heavy color vignetting. Do I need to set something in camera for even the raws???

Are you folks getting this on your cams.

Ignore the extreme corner thats a metal lens shade vignette

Guy Mancuso

Okay in the menu with Lens Compensation.

Shading is set to Auto must be the default should I be turning that OFF instead

Guy Mancuso

Okay call off the dogs. That was it. Needed to turn shading off just tested it in the backyard.

This makes my point exactly about turning crap off. Classic case of leave things alone. LOL

Guy Mancuso

This lens is SHARP and at 5.6 right to the corners. Seriously this maybe better than shooting a full frame 18mm Zeiss ZE 3.5 on the A7. I may have just found my 18mm equivalent in a SMALL package. Sure I'm 12 mpx short on the A7r but sharp corners maybe better in some cases. Be interesting to run a A7 Zeiss 18mm against the A6000 and this 12mm?

makes me wonder

Guy Mancuso

Folks just wanted to point something out as an instructor and working Pro never take anything for granted as you can clearly see here that I missed this right out of the gate with this lens and cam. This is WHY i test the crap out of something before i put my reputation on the line for a client. I test in harsh ugly conditions as i want to test always the limits of the gear its not about pretty images its about making sure everything is known and you armed with work arounds to tackle anything be it a hobbyist or Pro you need to be aware of every little niggle in your system. Boring as hell i will be the first to admit but I learned something today and bottom line in the end I won't screw up a client job now.

Guy Mancuso

Just imagine that image above was a 4 million dollar real estate sale for a client and i blew it with this function and the work i would have to do to fix it in post. Time is money

But if you think like this you appreciate the testing that you put in ahead of time. Im not on a podium here but i been around and i don't want others learning this stuff the hard way. This would have really sucked if this was for real. Its butt ugly in that sky