The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the RX100 III

chrisd

Couple of panoramas taken with RX100M3 and gorillapod (stitched in post). These were shot in Louisville. I have to say that I am liking the RX100M3 for travel as a small and light-weight alternative to my regular A7R with heavy lens and tripod kit.

Last edited:

chrisd

Here are a few dusk/night shots using the RX100M3. First one is handheld, the others shot on gorillapod. These were shot in Indianapolis.

The RX100 III served me very well in the harsh, extremely dusty environment of the Burning Man festival.

Into the Dust

The Man stands tall

Going out in style

Hadn't taken the RX100iii out all winter until today. It continues to amaze me every time I use it.

Stillwater Lift Bridge supports

Sony RX100iii - 24mm (equivalent) @ ƒ3.2 - ISO 125

tbhv55

Hadn't taken the RX100iii out all winter until today. It continues to amaze me every time I use it.
Great shots - I particularly like some of those in your previous post... 'Tall man', 'Into the dust'. Indeed, many of the images on this thread show how good the Mk3 is (and, of course, how good the photographers are... ;)).

I'm still using the Mk1, and it still amazes me after more than two years of use. :clap:

When I can't bring my A7Rii

I would carry my A7Rii at all times, if possible. But it's not always practical, or permitted; like at some concerts. Thankfully, the ticket takers don't typically object to the tiny RX100, if they even notice it, because it doesn't look like a 'real' camera.

So I was able to get a few decent shots for my scrapbook, while everyone else had to settle for their overexposed smart phone images.

Some Drummer - RX100 III - 70mm @ ƒ2.8 at ISO 640 - cropped to roughly 100mm equivalent