The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7R with TSE 17 and 24 color shift question

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Will do. I might go out Saturday morning with the 1.4 and run a battery of tests. But corners are excellent . For such a extreme wide I'm very impressed by that.

Guy Mancuso

I certainly like to know when Tucson became Phoenix according to UPS. Im delayed till Monday now on my 1.4 extender. Dang it ill just have to test it in San Diego next week.

BTW I can't find a lens profile for this lens in LR, C1 and even PT lens. Anyone have any info on that it would be nice. It has very little distortion which is amazing by itself. I may go play in my little western town of Cave Creek this morning. Do my standard wall test

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Guy, automatic profiles for TS lenses are tough, because you need to know the center of the lens to apply it. Thomas (PTLens) used to have them in his stand-alone tool where you entered amount and direction of shifts, so you might check that out. Of course this requires you save notes as you shoot and we all know how good you are about that! :rolleyes:

NOT!

:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

D

Deleted member 7792

BTW I can't find a lens profile for this lens in LR, C1 and even PT lens. Anyone have any info on that it would be nice. It has very little distortion which is amazing by itself.
I researched that question just after getting the 24mm TS-E. Adobe doesn't provide profiles for the tilt-shift lenses. This from another forum:
Correction profiles won't work for these lenses as the software has no way of knowing where the centre of distortion is. Tilt or shift movements aren't recorded, so any values would only work with the lens centred, which kind of defeats the object.​
You can find some home-brew profiles on the Web but they only work for the lenses in a fixed (no tilt or shift) orientation.

Joe

Guy Mancuso

I had a feeling you guys would come back with a answer like that. Now it makes sense. I'm out playing with it as we speak. I'm kicking myself for not thinking about this lens in my pee brain. It's simple amazing the effects you can do for one for the creative side and more important how you can get extreme DOF. I'll post these today but shot one image from 5ft to infinity at 5.6 and sharp all the way out with just 1 degree of swing. I use the term swing when it's a horizontal tilt and the word tilt when it's a vertical. Technically that could be worded wrong but that's just how I think about it. Anyway there is not a lens that can get that DOF plus I had 6 degrees of rise in it.
The fun part is just throwing stuff completely out if focus.

For my A7r type work I could honestly get away with all TSE lenses

Guy Mancuso

Heck I would love to do a workshop on just these type of lenses with 35 tse glass and MF tech cams. Jack oh Jack. Lol

Guy Mancuso

Just a slight bend , not much and it may have been me since what i shot today looks even better. Might have been first day set up. The A7r has a nice level but its no IQ 160 Back level if you know what I mean. I almost can eyeball it better.

Guy Mancuso

Im just going to say it i never seen a 15,16,17,18, 19,20,21 and maybe even a 24mm this bloody sharp in the extreme comers. Tim Ashley THIS IS THE LENS YOU WANT. LOL

This is my test bed image as we have all seen before and this is wide open no less

Guy Mancuso

Watch this in the center . I stopped at 5.6. let me add this is my normal sharpening that I have done on every lens i have tested , nothing new here.

Guy Mancuso

If this don't make you run not walk to a canon dealer not sure what the hell would. Im totally blown away.

Guy Mancuso

I never seen anything that good in a extreme wide that good at 5.6 and dead perfect at F8. F11 is about equal but I can see maybe some defraction.

Oh heck let me post it