The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Revised game plan.LOL

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I'm kind of viewing this lens as 4 primes giving its so fast. I think outside the A77ii even though big with adapter it might just be perfect for the A6000 and travel along with my Zeiss 12mm add a 85 to the kit and I get a very nice 3 lens travel kit in a small sling bag.

That works out to be a 18mm to 135 in FF land

chrisd

My game plan only needs a wide angle FE and cash. :(
The new Canon 16-35 f4L IS is looking pretty awesome with my MB and A7R. Not the fastest, smallest or cheapest, but the corners are incredible. Nice alternative to my wide TS-Es when traveling without a tripod.

philip_pj

The Canon 16-35/4 is still very new, not many 'real' reviews as yet. Pretty heavy for a f4 at 615 grams then add your adapter for FE use = not ideal, and it looks chunky on a DSLR. A fair bit of distortion at the wide end...straight barrel. Seems all makers are into Asph and ED surfaces now, so CA is low.

Photozone are reporting pretty poor corners in their test, on a 5D2, they never get much over 'good' which looks bad on their bar graphs; some plastic in the middle of the lens, they gave it 3.5. I think Sony will see it as the target lens to match against, like with the 70-200/4.

Canon EF 16-35mm f/4 USM L IS - Review / Lens Test Report