The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Final version: HCam Master TS 14-24mm

Stefan Steib

Ladies and Gentlemen - here we go. Just assembled from the very first parts.
Still needs some finetuning, the lever of the Aperture will become bigger, an additional stop screw will be added for the collar rotation and an adapter for the battery handgrip to not interfere while rotating is already in the works.

But this is it. Prices next week , the parts will also be sold separately.
The HCam Master TS works of course with all other Canon EF mountable lenses. No Electronics so far nor planned !

joelorbita

Thats very great news Stefan! Cannot wait to hear specifications and pricing!

I am interested in using my Canon 24mm TS-E lens on this and other medium format lenses..

I have the Mirex Pentax 645 - Eos adapter, are you able to tell me how much movement I can get without running into vignetting issues between the two adapters?

I saw in another post that you could potentially arrive at Medium Format Digital quality by doing a 2-3 x parallax free stitch on the camera side of the adapter (making a medium format size file) and still have enough image circle to have some front movements?

Any idea how much you would get with the Pentax 645 35mm A?

How many parts are there to this adapter? Three?

Congratulations on this product, am very much looking forward to it!

yatlee

Stefan, I'm very interested, I notice the hood has been cut back on the 14-24. Is it required to get the max of the image circle?

Stefan Steib

Hi Yat

yes, the cutting is necessary to reach the limits of the image circle.
That works pretty good at 18mm where you can get around 10mm shift.
at 24mm that still about 7mm
and at 14mm we have still about 5mm
Full 10 Degrees tilt work at all focal lengths, which is BTW most spectacular at 14mm. I already see advertising people freak out once they see this.

Greetings from Germany
Stefan

Stefan Steib

Ladies and Gentlemen -
Orders are taken, Pricelist attached, I will post tonight or tomorrow some more images explaining what the exact change to the pictured version is.
I added an additional interface/Arca,RRS,Novoflex compatible clamp/plate to the Mirex rotating foot, so all parts can be used as a unit or separately in various combinations

Greetings from Germany
Stefan

anGy

This is about the same price as a Canon 17mm TS-E + Canon 24mm TS-E mkII.
Those are offering more shift latitude but less focal latitude than the 14-24mm (let's call it a draw).

Then the big question is how does the IQ of the 14-24mm @17mm & 24mm and shifted compares with both primes ?

Bonus question: how is the use of the shift & tilt compared to the Canons ? (knobs are too small on the Canons but still easy to operate, on your 2nd picture I see one rotating knob for lateral shift but one 'engage/disengage button' for vertical shift that does not look easy to operate ?)

Stefan Steib

Angy

The Canon TS-E´s are not offering 14mm. That is a world of a difference. It is f2,8 a full stop brighter than the Canons
It is parallaxfree - the Canon TS-E´s are not. Period.
Even if there is only about 4mm of shift at 14mm, the TILT is fully usable with 10 Degrees.... and THAT is kind of the Sugar on the cake.
Amazing image angles with a sharp foreground and a soft background even stopped down. I just think of package Photography, all kind of cars, totally new architecture effects and really cool dramatic wideangles with soft backgrounds as needed.

Plus you can use this system as a unit, in parts, it offers geared focusing ,exact Macro positioning with swing , shift and tilt. Focusstacking, and - of course can be used with any other lens that you can mount on an EOS EF mount.

here as additional info a drawing of the new HCam TS Rail - part of the package. More photos to come soon.....(working...:))

Annna T

Angy

The Canon TS-E´s are not offering 14mm. That is a world of a difference. It is f2,8 a full stop brighter than the Canons
It is parallaxfree - the Canon TS-E´s are not. Period.
Even if there is only about 4mm of shift at 14mm, the TILT is fully usable with 10 Degrees.... and THAT is kind of the Sugar on the cake.
Amazing image angles with a sharp foreground and a soft background even stopped down. I just think of package Photography, all kind of cars, totally new architecture effects and really cool dramatic wideangles with soft backgrounds as needed.

Plus you can use this system as a unit, in parts, it offers geared focusing ,exact Macro positioning with swing , shift and tilt. Focusstacking, and - of course can be used with any other lens that you can mount on an EOS EF mount.

here as additional info a drawing of the new HCam TS Rail - part of the package. More photos to come soon.....(working...:))

Thanks for all these infos. Just one more question :
How much weight the full combo ? How much weight each of the parts ?

TIA for your answer.

Stefan Steib

Hi AnnnaT

here you go:
HCam-Mirex Rotator with new Plate 306gr
HCam-TS Rail 479gr (may be about30-40 gramms less as the final version´s qmount is mounted directly to the shift, my protoype has still a little plate conecting it)
Hcam Castel Q short 373gr
Nikon 14-24mm with EOS NikNT adapter and shade cut off 997gr.

So for the full monty on a tripod it´s 2155gr.

put apart it fits into 2 lens compartments in your photobag.
One for the nikon, the other one for the 2 rails/TS adapter.

Regards
Stefan

anGy

Thanks Stefan for the info.
How do you determine the amount of available shift for each focal length? (based on acceptable vignetting level or also taking borders & corners sharpness level into account) ?

Stefan Steib

at 18mm you can get around 10mm shift.
at 24mm that´s still about 7mm
and at 14mm we have still about 4-5mm
Full 10 Degrees tilt work at all focal lengths

Easy to use and see as the electronic viewfinder shows you the borders of the image circle pretty exactly even fully stopped down.

Regards
Stefan

Awesome news, congratulations! I am still at a bit of a loss as to how it all works unfortunately..

I am mainly interested in the HCam Mirex Eos-Nex adapter, are you able to explain to me how this differs from the adapter that is already supplied by Mirex?

Ok, thanks a lot, look forward to some sample images and detailed description of this system :)

Stefan Steib

The new HCam/Mirex EOS NEX TS Adapter has a rotating collar, its with click stops, the final version also holds a 360 degrees scale. Now what does this mean:
Now you can shift -and (flat)stitch- parallaxfree horizontal AND vertical. And the tilt of course reaches also all angles now.
The old versions had a fixed foot so only vertical was possible.

Will do some more photos soon, a bit hectical right now, lot of things to do.

Regards
Stefan

Annna T

Hi AnnnaT

here you go:
HCam-Mirex Rotator with new Plate 306gr
HCam-TS Rail 479gr (may be about30-40 gramms less as the final version´s qmount is mounted directly to the shift, my protoype has still a little plate conecting it)
Hcam Castel Q short 373gr
Nikon 14-24mm with EOS NikNT adapter and shade cut off 997gr.

So for the full monty on a tripod it´s 2155gr.

put apart it fits into 2 lens compartments in your photobag.
One for the nikon, the other one for the 2 rails/TS adapter.

Regards
Stefan
Many thanks for these precise informations. The whole seems quite heavy.

What I'd like is a way to mount the A7r on my 6x9 ArcaSwiss Classic and slide it up/down and left/right so as to cover the full 6x9 frame (it should replace the Horseman 120 roll film back which is actually fitted in the Arcaswiss holder). It is sleeping in my basement since such a long time that I don't even remember which lenses I have (2 Schneider-Kreuznach and 1 Rodenstock).