The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Macro on the A7S

jfirneno

So the A7S rental showed up yesterday. I also rented the 24-70 and 70-200 zooms and the LAEA4 adapter. Yesterday I did a bunch of low light comparisons to my A7R. The A7S has at least a stop of higher usable ISO (12,800 vs 6,400). Very useful for the party shooting I'm doing tomorrow (but also very boring comparison work). So today I decided to have some fun and find out if the A7S is more than just a night camera. I mounted a 200 mm f4 Minolta macro lens on the LAEA4 and walked around shooting butterflies and dragonflies. I set it to manual, 1/250th sec, and a lot of F16 (but not exclusively). I set the ISO to auto and had some fun.

Result, I love this camera! 12 mp is definitely all I need. I love the files. Now I wish I'd bought it instead of wasting money on renting (but who knew?). I put a few raws in a drop box. The link is below.

Regards,
John

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/240ayc1n87x5j5m/AAB5qikDUOqz6MQJBr3Es46ja?n=227114509