The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Low end FF coming?

turtle

They'll need to get this right for it to be more appealing to anyone than a better specified APS-C or M43 camera.

I too would rather have seen a top end A7 variant, or even a new series more along the lines of the E-M1, even at twice the price of the A7R.

dandrewk

They have their sights set on the Nikon D610/810 (and equivalents), their lasers set to "kill".

... which should be no surprise. With the low end point/shoots being overtaken by cell phone cameras, manufacturers need to appeal to the more serious photographer who wants to make the jump from APSC to FF. Sell them the body and cheap kit lens, get them married to the ecosystem and exploit!

philip_pj

What else indeed! So strong rumors exist for a curved sensor camera, the RX1 can easily be turned into a 36Mp powerhouse, ditto an A mount FF camera, and back there on the drawing board - maybe - a 50Mp 'RX Max'. Plus some lenses. Plus Zeiss lenses. That sounds like about six to nine months work for them.

A cheap FF camera would change the markets for both converters from m43 and Fuji and alter the options for newcomers.

f64

My 2 cents: a A7s without 4k and a price point less than A7
The very idea of retiring my Manfrotto thrills me (especially since it collapsed busting my contax 24-85, heck)